Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 486 - I AM Entirely Sure

the playlist link is not working for me DP....

Quote Originally Posted by pabrizzer View Post
    I think there is an extra unwanted "https://" in the link.
    My YouTube channel
    My 'Yazuke' collaborations with bird's eye view of my ukulele
    My 'Griffs' collaborations with Mezcalero
    My collaborations with Liz Brinker

The European Championships in football are starting next week and that means one thing and one thing only. IT'S COMING HOME

In actuality it means an almighty wave of optimism that England will actually win something for the first time since the World Cup in 1966. This wave will be unstoppable until thirty minutes into the first game.

In 1996 England hosted the Euros, 30 years after they hosted the World Cup and won it, to commemorate the occasion, two comedians, Frank Skinner and David Baddiel teamed up with the Lightning Seeds to write the greatest football song ever, perfectly encaspulating the sentiment in the first paragraph

I humbly submit that it fits the brief.

"Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

Facebook

YouTube

Stream my album

Buy my album

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony Smurf View Post
    interesting theme. I'm stumped as to what to play but hopefully will get some inspiration watching the videos of others.
    My first thought was what a clever theme. Unfortunately just moments later, after I'd posted to that effect, my second thought was I wasn't clever enough to think of a song!!!
    lynda

i'm interested in one thing, and one thing only. and that's the eighties.

Quote Originally Posted by bird's eye view of my ukelele View Post
    My first thought was what a clever theme. Unfortunately just moments later, after I'd posted to that effect, my second thought was I wasn't clever enough to think of a song!!!
    I'm not entirely sure I've got a handle on what exactly the theme is so I'm gonna let it run for a few more pages and hopefully get the gist of it before I make a tit of myself

Quote Originally Posted by mythinformed View Post
    I'm not entirely sure I've got a handle on what exactly the theme is so I'm gonna let it run for a few more pages and hopefully get the gist of it before I make a tit of myself
    Sounds like a plan! The minute I'm sure about something, I'll write a song about it!!!
    lynda

i'm interested in one thing, and one thing only. and that's the eighties.

Quote Originally Posted by pabrizzer View Post
    Apologies for the mix up. Trying to do too much on a tablet, which does not have great text editing. I've redone the link behind the text and hope it is working now. I've also changed it to public, so if I failed in fixing the link then you should be able to find it by going to YT and searching for "SOTU 486".

Regardless, it is now updated to here.

An attempt to clarify the theme somewhat - Is the narrator or subject of the song confident or sure about themselves or the subject about which they are singing? This can be explicit or implied. For example, John sang a song where the narrator is the Devil. Although not stated specifically in the song, I think it is fair to deduce that the Devil is a confident entity. Another example from something already brought - Edwin played a song about not backing down, from what I'm not sure, but still a pretty explicit statement of confidence in one's position.

What I am not looking for are songs that you use personally to get motivated for something. e.g., a friend has a playlist he listens too when he goes for a run. He has Jackson Browne's Running on Empty on that playlist because it motivates him to keep going when he is tired. While that song imbues my friend with some level of confidence that he can get through the run, it does not express any feelings about confidence or being sure about something (I don't think, maybe it's a bad example, I haven't listened to it in a while). I hope that helps at least a little.
    Last edited by Desert Pavement; 06-07-2021 at 08:55 AM.
    Andy

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
    ~A.W.E. O'Shaughnessy

Here's a folk song, about someone who's sure of his feelings:

This popped into my head and I couldn't get it out, so now you have to suffer too. I don't think "Rickrolled" is quite the right word here. Steamrolled, perhaps. I'm so sorry.
    - Edwin

I can announce with absolute certainty that the wrap for season 485 has just been posted - do take a look!
    My YouTube channel
    My 'Yazuke' collaborations with bird's eye view of my ukulele
    My 'Griffs' collaborations with Mezcalero
    My collaborations with Liz Brinker

My sincerest apologies. This is a ridiculous song. But viewed as a horror story about to unfold, it may be slightly less offensive. Or not.

The site truncates my signature so I can't tell you

Thread Information