Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 486 - I AM Entirely Sure

"master of the universe" by hawkwind

("i am the centre and creator of this universe" - sounds pretty confident to me!)

lynda

i'm interested in one thing, and one thing only. and that's the eighties.

seems muddy waters was pretty sure of his self...

Pushing my luck on a Tenor stretch, hope it's not affecting the bone setting before the fracture clinic next week eeeeek . This narrator was confident that he will be remembered.

Hello, Andy, and thanks for the week! I think this song fits the bill ... this woman "knows where she's going!" (I have just acquired a mic - a Blue Yeti - so that I can record on my Chromebook. Today, the boom arm arrived and by the time I'd got it all set up with the shock mount and etc., I was so unnerved - I don't "do" technical - that I had completely forgotten how to play the uke. I hope it doesn't show too much!)

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place" George Bernard Shaw

"Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city" George Burns

Is there anyone more sure of themselves in this world than a conspiracy theorist?

(I sort of went on a tangent with other issues of the day but they're all basically the same people)

Edit: Youtube have fact checked me
    Last edited by RAB11; 06-08-2021 at 05:31 AM.
    "Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

Facebook

YouTube

Stream my album

Buy my album

Hello folks. Things are really mad/intense here, but I am still watching and playing when I can.

Here's one of my favourite songs about someone with a huge .... personality.

Like Chris above, it is pretty busy in my town, too. I shot this piece of low-hanging fruit while waiting in the car for the next task to come to hand.

Hi Andy! I was recently lucky enough to come into a fantastic box set of Randy Newman’s work, which includes several songs from his 1995 musical treatment of Goethe’s Faust. This one is performed by Martha, the character who helps the devil bring Faust and Gretchen together, and, in Newman’s treatment, the one the devil falls for, or lusts after. She is very self-satisfied and exudes confidence to the point of arrogance.

Life Has Been Good To Me
    Randy Newman

I have been neglecting the ukulele and concentrating on guitar this week, but I figured I'dbetter get one in this season.

I KNOW by John Gorka

Curiously enough, this week's theme basically landed on a song I have been playing around with for a while. It's called Love Locks by the great Nappy Brown, and the author is dang sure he has captured his girlfriend's heart. I actually toned down the lyrics a bit. Hope you like it.

Thread Information