Hallelujah (Fingerstyle)

I’ve always liked this song and wanted to learn it and then Ten Thumbs put out an arrangement on it and I couldn’t resist. It was definitely the toughest piece I’ve tackled so far and since our discussion on songs we aren’t excited to play or hear in the ukulele world a few weeks ago, I’m a little nervous to post this since some people think the song has been done to death.

But life is meant for conquering fears, so please enjoy!

Glad you faced the challenge, I think I will look at that and try to tackle it. Good job, enjoyed it a lot. P.S. Nice uke collection!

I learned this song from Ten Thumbs, too. He has some good fingerstyle ukulele tutorials on YouTube.

He certainly does. I try hard to resist most of them because I’m working hard on arranging from standard notation and trying to build that skill, but I saw this one and couldn’t resist.

I like it!

Very nice! The Jeff Buckley style arrangement sounds really good here. As a different variant, check out Jake Shimabukuro's version too :)

Very nice! The Jeff Buckley style arrangement sounds really good here. As a different variant, check out Jake Shimabukuro's version too :)
I’ll have to do that, but it’ll take a long time. I love listening to variants but if mine isn’t SOLIDLY memorized to the point where I don’t even need to think about what I’m doing anymore, lines get cross and I start messing up pretty badly. ;-)

I’ll have to do that, but it’ll take a long time. I love listening to variants but if mine isn’t SOLIDLY memorized to the point where I don’t even need to think about what I’m doing anymore, lines get cross and I start messing up pretty badly. ;-)
I just had to watch you again. This tune never gets old. I'm waiting for a Bluegrass band to get ahold of it!

I’d be pretty shocked if there isn’t one out there by now, honestly. Maybe it’s just not fast enough for them, though. Bluegrass bands just don’t seem happy unless they’re at break-neck speeds. ;-)

Top Bottom