Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FYI new Moore Bettah auction at HMS

Default FYI new Moore Bettah auction at HMS

This is not my instrument but I know new Moore Bettah ukes always attract attention here. Bidding opened at US$9,000 on 7 June and is already up to $11,525 at this time, with 5 days to go. These decorated ones are undoubtedly brilliant craftsmanship and seem to attact eye-watering prices.
    https://theukulelesite.com/auction-m...-ulu-milo.html
    Last edited by WoyWoy; 06-08-2021 at 02:43 PM.

Now already up to $13,000. This will be a fun one to watch.

Wow what a piece of art. Though it is not clear if the proceeds will go toward a foundation or organization associated with the valley. Usually they tell what this is for.

Quote Originally Posted by merlin666 View Post
    Wow what a piece of art. Though it is not clear if the proceeds will go toward a foundation or organization associated with the valley. Usually they tell what this is for.
    not sure why you posted your comment what are your reasons? are you bidding on the uke? i can ask Andrew if you need the info...

Aloha
    Kanile'a K-2 Concert,Ko'Aloha Super Concert,Maui Music 1998 Koa Tenor,Compass Rose Koa Tenor,Graziano Koa Tenor,Kamaka HF3-S,Moore Bettah Milo/Sitka Spruce Tenor,DeVine mother of curl Koa/Engleman Spruce Tenor,Ko'olau Indo Rosewood/Sinker Redwood Tenor,Washburn Lyon and Healy 1936 Bell shaped soprano,Lfdm Bastogne Walnut/Carpathian Spruce Tenor,Rollo Scheurenbrand African Blackwood/Adirondack Spruce Tenor,Kimo Super Tenor all Koa,Beau Hannam Walnut/Carpathian Spruce Tenor

Quote Originally Posted by hawaii 50 View Post
    not sure why you posted your comment what are your reasons? are you bidding on the uke? i can ask Andrew if you need the info...

Aloha
    I love the artistry of the uke. For the last few auctions that I looked at they were for good causes but I look at this on small phone and did not see the cause it was for that's why I was asking. Could of course just be for the cause of Chuck which is also a good one.

Now up to $15,000.

It belongs in a museum

It's so beautiful.
    The sound, as played by those brilliant players, is sublime.
    $15000 (so far...) is an absurd amount of money to spend on a small, wooden musical instrument!

Ben

North of 16k now.
    My Ukuleles: A Hawaiian, an Oregonian, and a Kiwi.

This is definitely a fun one to watch. I hope that whoever wins the auction will play it, and enjoy their very special (and very expensive) ukulele.

Thread Information