Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: FYI new Moore Bettah auction at HMS

Quote Originally Posted by Bill1 View Post
    Why is the price amazing?

There is no doubt that the instrument is a an amazing piece of art.

I don't think that the price is amazing, I think its a good investment in a multi-dimensional piece of art. Art is being bought and sold at prices far in excess of this amount all the time. I know many UU members are limited in budget, I certainly am, so this piece of art is out of financial reach for most of us. But that does not mean you need to remain ignorant of what is happening on the planet, if you look beyond the mainstream media out into the world, you are going to find some things that are really amazing.
    Thanks for the words you posted, i feel the same way but have a hard time explain my feelings...nice to read positive thoughts about Chuck's art in our ukulele world
    Kanile'a K-2 Concert,Ko'Aloha Super Concert,Maui Music 1998 Koa Tenor,Compass Rose Koa Tenor,Graziano Koa Tenor,Kamaka HF3-S,Moore Bettah Milo/Sitka Spruce Tenor,DeVine mother of curl Koa/Engleman Spruce Tenor,Ko'olau Indo Rosewood/Sinker Redwood Tenor,Washburn Lyon and Healy 1936 Bell shaped soprano,Lfdm Bastogne Walnut/Carpathian Spruce Tenor,Rollo Scheurenbrand African Blackwood/Adirondack Spruce Tenor,Kimo Super Tenor all Koa,Beau Hannam Walnut/Carpathian Spruce Tenor

Kenn2018,
    I totally get where you're coming from. I too, have gazed through the heavens at the rings of Saturn.
    I've seen an albino buck deer standing on a hilltop.
    I've chased deer on horseback, through brush and bramble, they'd get away by clearing fences that we couldn't jump.
    Nature is indeed incredible. All of it. Even the microbes fascinate me.
    Chuck's art is indeed enviable, I could never afford one, but to those who can, i do hope they are played, as well as well protected from any harm. They are to be treasured, just like nature.
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

But that does not mean you need to remain ignorant of what is happening on the planet
    Everyone is entitled to their point of view, but to call someone ignorant because they don't share yours in not cool, and is antithetical to the desired tone of this forum and this ukulele community.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Everyone is entitled to their point of view, but to call someone ignorant because they don't share yours in not cool, and is antithetical to the desired tone of this forum and this ukulele community.
    I'm pretty sure Bill meant no harm....he's a pretty straightup dude.
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

Thread Information