Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Koaloha ktm-00 or anuenue moonbird

Quote Originally Posted by Ukemaxx View Post
    thank you all for your comments, I have a difficult choice to make, I like the sound of both, but aesthetically I like the moonbird better. what I remember is that the moonbird looks very well designed! Would it be true to say that the moonbird sounds more like a small guitar than a traditional uke?
    I think you are right. Traditional ukulele have tropical hardwood tops while European instruments such as guitars have softwood tops such as spruce or cedar. If you put softwood top on ukulele then you get a more guitar like flavour. Interestingly there are spruce topped Opios as well and the ones I played were very nice and distinctly different from the hardwood topped Opios. So as you like the feel of your Opio a spruced topped tenor could also be a consideration.

last question, does the moonbird shine more in high g or low g?
    I think that is more a preference for if you like low g. I'm a low g player and I love it but I know that isn't everyone tastes. I think it sounds great for both. If you are interested in both you can just buy a Fremont Soloist Low G string ($4). This string sounds great with the stock Anuenue Blackwater strings. You would just try the high G first and put the low g on when you want to change it up.
    Last edited by deznuchs; 06-11-2021 at 12:24 PM.

last question, does the moonbird shine more in high g or low g?
    I was thinking about this issue before but didn't mention it. I also think that it doesn't matter which tuning you prefer. The Moon Bird comes strung with high G but the low-end resonance of the instrument is so powerful that a low G will sound excellent on it, and I've seen/heard many players switch to low G on it.

Yes i think i will try first in high g and i will switch lowg to compare

Thread Information