Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Guess I'm in a pissy mood about typing aNueNue.

Briarcliff, TX - Fabulous Hill Country home to Willie Nelson, and me!

Was that supposed to be: A nude Gnu I knew with a new aNueNue?
    "The sole cause of all human misery is the inability of people
    to sit quietly in their rooms." - Blaise Pascal, 1670

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Bordessa View Post
    This seems like a poor branding choice on their part. You shouldn't have to work to get the internal capitalization of the name right for it to be recognizable (or satisfying). I imagine the misspellings that bother you are less "difficult" and more "didn't realize."

To me, the ukulele maker is obviously (or so I thought) named after the Hawaiian word. I would never in a million years have considered capitalizing the "N"s. In fact until you pointed it out I hadn't registered that it wasn't just "Anuenue". Huh. Poor branding.
    I agree, it's a total case of bad branding. Half the time i can't even remember the name. But it's a damn fine ukulele.
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

Quote Originally Posted by man0a View Post
    In Hawaiian, the word is spelled "ānuenue". Let's see you try to type that in this forum.
    ānuenue ānuenue ānuenue, just a simple copy/paste.

"Papa Gnu came home from work and mama Gnu complained that Junior had misbehaved. I need you to discipline him!

I’m sorry, he replied, you are going to have to paddle your own gun."

Well! Auto correct ruined that joke. I suppose you'll have to try a gnu one.

PS: The Forum software would not allow me to use the QUOTE function for Another Ukulele's post. Weird.
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you don't begin to know until you begin to try to do.

--Lou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie View Post
    I agree, it's a total case of bad branding. Half the time i can't even remember the name. But it's a damn fine ukulele.
    Just the fact that we're talking about the name means the branding has had an effect. (Whether good or bad is up to each person.)

It's better than a lot of the misspellings that are used today to make a brand stand out or make the copyright stronger. It was effective when there were only a few brands that were doing it. Now it's so common, it barely registers.

I rather like the aNueNue name brand. It works much better than: ANueNue, ANUENUE, or Anuenue.
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you don't begin to know until you begin to try to do.

--Lou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

The number of times when typing Kamaka came out as Kamala & vice versa over the last few years, especially 2020, facepalm.
    Sometimes due to autocorrect... "K" & "L" are adjacent on the keyboard...

Kamaka is my natural default...
    keeping an eye out for a very special pre-owned concert....

"#aNueNue" is also easier to read... especially when #HashTagging...

Quote Originally Posted by Kenn2018 View Post
    Just the fact that we're talking about the name means the branding has had an effect. (Whether good or bad is up to each person.)

It's better than a lot of the misspellings that are used today to make a brand stand out or make the copyright stronger. It was effective when there were only a few brands that were doing it. Now it's so common, it barely registers.

I rather like the aNueNue name brand. It works much better than: ANueNue, ANUENUE, or Anuenue.
    keeping an eye out for a very special pre-owned concert....

Quote Originally Posted by Kenn2018 View Post

Hi Kenn i just wanted to say that i really like reading your post on many of the threads on the UU you always seem to have well thought out thoughts...and you speak to my mind,you seem to respect the simple ukulele like not many on the UU IMO...

Aloha
    Kanile'a K-2 Concert,Ko'Aloha Super Concert,Maui Music 1998 Koa Tenor,Compass Rose Koa Tenor,Graziano Koa Tenor,Kamaka HF3-S,Moore Bettah Milo/Sitka Spruce Tenor,DeVine mother of curl Koa/Engleman Spruce Tenor,Ko'olau Indo Rosewood/Sinker Redwood Tenor,Washburn Lyon and Healy 1936 Bell shaped soprano,Lfdm Bastogne Walnut/Carpathian Spruce Tenor,Rollo Scheurenbrand African Blackwood/Adirondack Spruce Tenor,Kimo Super Tenor all Koa,Beau Hannam Walnut/Carpathian Spruce Tenor

The biggest uke branding snafu had to be the Kaka brand. That one still cracks me up!
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Ukecaster View Post
    The biggest uke branding snafu had to be the Kaka brand. That one still cracks me up!
    I had a friend who actually received one for her birthday a few years ago....the ribbing was....traumatic.
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

Thread Information