Shipping to EU countries

Timbuck

Reaction score
It has been a few months since I shipped a couple of soprano ukes to Europe and as far as I know one of them is still in a warehouse in Viena and the other is someware else Neither of them has reached the destinations. As a result I have not been selling these on eBay for a while but I have still been making them and have built up quite a stock of them....After I read this on Reddit I see I am not the only one with this problem.
https://www.reddit.com/r/UPS/comments/l1vox3/brexit_related_disruption/

And click on View entire discussion...comments

Last edited:
I got an email today from Austria…it read “ the ukulele has finally arrived “ it took approximately 4 months to get there after 3 attempts to break the EU strict customs rules… so now that I know postage to the EU block does work , I will now start to list my backlog of sopranos on EBay again,.. and best of luck to any one living in the EU , I hope you have patience. :)
*edit*. If anyone takes any offence to this post please accept my apologies…I have had a few beers :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I ship from Australia to the EU regularly via AustPost and it has taken no more than 3 weeks total. Usually 2 weeks. And thats with very limited flights available out of Australia.

Things are changing monthly in Europe. We would have had all these shenanigans even if we had remained in UK. It's why you should use an intermediary like TransGlobal. As for Australia... it's been a long time since Britian was tied with Australia. Being British now means our packages have a target on them.

The UK and Australian Govts are currently negotiating a free trade deal. The available information indicates that tariffs and customs duties and other barriers would be removed or reduced for trade between the UK and Australia.

It may not help with shipping to Europe, but if UK makers peruse a page like the WA Ukulele Network on FaceBook (to get an idea of numbers), which covers most ukulele groups in Western Australia, just one state of Australia, a free trade deal may offer an increased market for the artisan and handmade ukulele makers of both UK and Australia.

Well lets drink to that then...(any excuse) :eek: :cheers:

Top Bottom