1 week in

Heady

Reaction score
Hi.

I found your forum from people on the Banjohangout and since that's such a swell group, I thought you'd be a good place to pick up some ukulele knowledge.

I started on viola in elementary school and kind of lapsed after a car accident - then I picked up the mandolin. I've been playing that for a few years and got back into the viola and flute (which I picked up in high school). This spring I got really into a couple of banjo players on YouTube and picked up a nice basic open back. I'm a teacher, and I do work in the summer, but it's much lighter than the rest of the year so it's summer project time and while converting one of my grown kids' rooms into a music room... the kid's ukulele budded or something because now there's a second ukulele ;)

My youngest and I have been playing together in the evening and we're having a lot of fun.

I'm obsessed with Garam Jeon on YouTube, and look forward to learning from you all here :)

Welcome to UU, Heady!

Lovely bit of story in your introductory post! Super to read that your youngest is happy to play with you.

I wish all of your family lots of musical joy, and I hope you enjoy the forum.

Welcome Heady. Thanks for your service as a teacher. I tried being an instructor in college, but it wasn't for me.

It's great that you and your youngest enjoy playing together. Great way to bond and have fun.

Cool that you play as many types of instruments that you do.

Welcome to UU. You certainly play a wide range of things!

Top Bottom