SOTU 487 - In the Arms of Morpheus

Good morning to all of you!
I've added the latest additions to the playlist, and I wanted to post Alan's song Ukulele Dream Girl to this thread on his behalf.
I'll head back over to YouTube to listen to Del, Mark, and Rob's videos.

Thinking outside of the box, here's a whole film based on a dream ......

"No. But it wasn't a dream ....it was a place.
And you -- and you -- and you -- and you were
there"...........

Last edited:
We're heading into the weekend now. Before I head off to bed, I'd like to thank Mark and John for their further videos. So, seven additions for us all to listen to, posted on a Friday. That's not bad, if you ask me.
We are currently at 48 songs, and there is still more than a day to go. If you're still practising and arranging, you're not alone. I wanted to have one ready sooner than usual, but I clearly didn't succeed. So, for those of you who are considering joining in, please do!

I swear I am not making upside down sideways videos on purpose
They look fine on the phone after recording and then when I upload YouTube pffft
An original for today

Thanks for the invite! Perhaps the Sabbatical is ended. :)

This 'Dream' song Is in a straight Am but I've changed the rest of the chords to 7ths to try to 'morph' a pop song Into something more bluesy.

End of the week already, so I sneaked one in.

This is Lullaby of the leaves, written by Bernice Petkere and Joe Young in 1932. I love the imagery in this song.

Time to squeeze one more in! This is "A Night On Earth", by The Tossers, a Celtic Punk band from Chicago about which I know very little, except that I once bought their album "A Long Dim Road" while going through a bit of a phase of listening to that sort of thing. This is my favourite song from that album.

Featuring a tenor ukulele, an 8 string tenor, a baritone, and some keyboards.

I asked Liz to add whatever she could to this one - and boy did she deliver! No less than 8 parts - amazing! Thank you Liz!!! :)

I am amazed at how many songs you can think of for this week. I guess that sleep and dreams resonate with all of us.
The last 24 hours gave us ten more songs (if I'm not mistaken).
Janet, Tom, and Lynda all brought splendid originals. Mark, Chris, Brian, Edwin, Kimi and Kevin, Jim, and CeeJay sang us another song about dream, dreaming, sleeping, or a lullaby. Season 488 has been announced, so this thread will probably start to get quieter. However, there are still about 35 hours left to get your contributions in!
Thanks to you all, for another fantastic day of playing, listening, and commenting!

Edit: One more song for today: I'll add it straight away to the playlist!

Last edited:
Here is another one upside down
Again I don’t know why but close your eyes and listen
I’m hoping to bring you another tomorrow

I sure hope I get the chance to listen to a lot of these wonderful songs
We are having dreams come true here as my youngest has gotten a website domain and rented a studio for the realistic paintings they create

I've already done 10 songs with some verison of "dream" in the title for previous Seasons, including 3 originals. Luckily, there's a good supply of these songs out there. This is one of my favorite Tame Impala songs. Tame Impala is an Australian band, but for some reason, the previous two Tame Impala covers I did got a ton of viewers from Brazil. The Internet is an interesting place.

Top Bottom