SOTU 487 - In the Arms of Morpheus

Ms Bean

Reaction score
As you probably gathered from the title, this coming week I'd like you all to find or write songs about Morpheus, sleep and dreams, and morphing into something. This is already a very rich theme, so there is no secondary theme.

Here's a short introduction to Morpheus:
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Morpheus

However, Morpheus from 'The Matrix' trilogy is allowed too.

The usual rules apply:
Songs must be newly recorded for this week (normal running time from midnight Sunday 13/06/2021 to midnight Sunday 20/06/2021); multi-tracking is ok but your ukulele must be front and center; collaborations welcome/encouraged; etc.

New Seasonistas are not only welcome, they are encouraged, as are Seasonistas who took a sabbatical.

Pyjamas or nighties, and teddies are optional.

There might be certificates for categories such as: an original song, a 'song from the Public Domain vault', a song about morphing, standout nightwear, and for a lullaby. The 'prizes' could be settled by random draw, because I find it stressful to try and rank the performances.

The playlist will be added here as the entries come in.

Don't forget that Andy's still waiting for more of your songs about confidence as well.

Last edited:
That is a VERY cool theme, Sabine ... and particularly appropriate, because it was in the middle of the night that I woke up and read it!

Cheers for hosting this one Sabine. This Joe Brown version of 'I'll See You In My Dreams' was played at the Concert for George and was what Inspired me to get a ukulele so any excuse to rattle It out and I'm there .........

I found this Loudon Wainwright one today. Never seen him playing in open tuning before. But he does this in open D. Thanks for the zzzzz's Sabine!.

And we are live!

I have updated the opening post with the playlist link, and all of the early entries have been added. I'm now off to YouTube to check out dreamy songs from Mark, Charley, Brian, John, and Wim. Thanks for kicking us off, guys ;)

Hello, Sabine ... and thanks for the week! This song comes from 1944 and I think it fits the somnolent theme. (I have risen to the night attire and teddy bear challenge (even though it was only early afternoon when I did the recording); so I shall, of course, be expecting extra Brownie points!)

Hello, Sabine! What a wonderful idea for the season. I'm getting sleepy just thinking about it. Here is an instrumental I love, by brothers Santo and Johnny Farina called Sleep Walk from 1959.

Sleep Walk
Santo & Johnny

Time for bed for me. I feel very relaxed and extremely pleased with further songs from Val, Rob, Liz, and Brian (UkeFoote). I hope that overnight there might be further entries to this thread.
Though it may not be at the appropriate time for all of you, I wish you all a very good night. Sweet dreams and sleep tight!

Hello again, Sabine! I am burning the midnight oil, but I had to post this collaboration with the wonderful and talented Del Griffiths before venturing off to the land of Nod, to sleep, perchance to dream…

All I Have To Do Is Dream
Boudleaux Bryant

Thanks for jumping in and hosting this week Sabine. Here's a Tom Waits song.

I found the ideal tune that I've not played in a long time, sorted out a playable arrangement and then realised that the can can is from Orpheus in the underworld not Morpheus. �� Back to the drawing board. I can't can't play the can can.!!!

I found the ideal tune that I've not played in a long time, sorted out a playable arrangement and then realised that the can can is from Orpheus in the underworld not Morpheus. �� Back to the drawing board. I can't can't play the can can.!!!

What if you put, "Here's one froMorpheus In The Underworld"? I think folks would forgive you.
(Wasn't that written by Moffenbach?)

I would definitely expect Joko to come up with FroMorpheus etc... We all like a good chuckle. There's still lots of time to bend the Can Can to fit :)
Maybe a future host picks 'Opera' for the theme.

Top Bottom