FS: Pono Concert Taropatch 8 String w Gotoh UPT & Pickup

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanmoon

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
SOLD!

I purchase this from HMS with full setup. The link to the exact ukulele I bought is here: https://theukulelesite.com/review/product/list/id/3211/category/8/.

It has GOTOH UPT tuners and a Pono pickup. I had to really give it the once over to find the "ding" in the headstock. It is verry hard to see, and is between the tuners for the A. You can see it in one of the closeup photos on the HMS site.

I purchased a Koo'lau / Pono hardcase for this as well.

I'm selling this and several other ukes to fund a Koa Bird. I purchased this just to try out a Taropatch because the sound intrigued me. I llike it but the extra finger strength to deal with the doubled strings is hard for me (I have weak hands from an accident). I am willing to let this one go for $400 shipped in the US, including the hard case, Paypal F&F.

I'll add some of my photos soon....light bulb burned out in my lightbox, and the lighting in my office is pretty poor.

Last edited:
These are so hard to find and I am so tempted, but really want a Taropatch made of mahogany for historical reasons. Question: is this with all strings in unison or are G and C in octave tuning?

All in unison. I was tempted to try it in octave tuning but never got around to swapping out the strings.

Some additional info since someone asked: purchased from HMS less than a year ago. Pretty much perfect condition other than a tiny ding in the headstock that you can see in the photos on the HMS link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom