OMG! I Bought Another Ukulele!

spirittoo

Reaction score
I know I said I wasn't going to buy another uke, but I could not help it!! I love colorful things. It's not my fault. How could I possibly not get this!? It's was like this ... I was minding my own business watching this youtube video of this guy showing the uke for under $75.

He showed this one ...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KWLB4R8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's absolutely gorgeous and I had to have it. :iwant:

Definitely the last one I'm buying.:deadhorse:

I wish I hadn't clicked on that link. Looking at that was like a bad trip! One man's fish is another man's poisson, as the French say.

John Colter

Ukantor made me click on the link, despite his warning, and me knowing better...
I wonder what Honoka and Azita, and Taimane think of those photoshopped pics. The descriptions leave me scratching my head too... Oh dear!

Yes Ms Bean. At the very least, the photoshopped pix undermine my confidence in the instrument. But dodgy marketing is not what we are interested in.

I hope Spirit that you enjoy it.

I'm sorry, Spiritoo, my response must have seemed a bit (or a lot) mean. It was meant to be lighthearted and humorous. My late wife always chided me for my lack of appreciation of colour. She would have liked your new uke, and I'm sure you will too.

With best wishes,

John Colter

Pretty wild colors. would like it better if the fretboard was solid color. Photoshopped pix? Those brands have one? Anyway, hope you enjoy it. You'll have to tell us how it sounds. Yeah, I know $75, but sometimes the cheap ones surprise you and are halfway playable. Have fun!

Sometimes we need something fun in our lives, and this ukulele looks like it will be fun. I hope it plays well, too.

I bought one just for the fun-to-me appearance, (Beatles), and it plays surprisingly well, with good intonation.

Enjoy your new ukulele!

For some reason I think wearing a Mexican serape would be appropriate attire when playing that.

Serape.jpg

Not MY style, but a very attractive instrument. And a full package
Gig bag, tuner, strap, picks - enough accessories to make it worth considering.

Fun uke! It's a real attention-getter.

I doubt you could play a sad song on it. Only happy light-hearted numbers. :D

I hope it sounds as bright and open as it looks. Enjoy!

You might have to have a setup done. Most ukes bought on Amazon come with strings that are too high. Which makes playing more difficult. Especially barre chords.

Let us know how well it plays.

It's absolutely gorgeous and I had to have it. :iwant:

Definitely the last one I'm buying.:deadhorse:

Hmm, I think if you do a search on UU on just those 2 terms: "absolutely gorgeous" and "definitely the last"...
Anyway, congrats on your new uke. May you truly find your last in it.

This is the one that got me years ago... before aNueNue was named "Best..."

bear uke.jpg

Congrats, have fun!

Be happy, play loud, live long! Everyone deserves a fun uke in their lives.

Here is mine. Makes me smile when I look at it.
20210616_230433.jpg

Got it Yesterday

Wellsir I got the little beauty and she is as pretty as her picture. I took photos of the unboxing. I must say the gig bag is really nice. The padding is really thick. This is the best one of all the others that came with the instrument.

P1040951.JPGP1040952.JPGP1040953.JPGP1040954.jpgP1040956.JPG

It plays as good as the Deviser and it looks as good too with the gloss. The strap is very colorful as well. I love it. The intonation is a bit off, not by much, but I don't plan on playing that high on the board. The setup is okay. The strings are not too high and it is comfortable to play. I love the different colors on the fingerboard, and the different color strings.

P1040957.jpg

Top Bottom