paxukulele 10-year anniversary

keonepax

Verified Account
Reaction score
I'm celebrating the 10-year anniversary of my paxukulele YouTube channel! Am I allowed to toot my own horn a little bit?

On my channel, I've posted ukulele videos of 478 different songs. I'm only 22 videos away from 500, so that's my immediate goal. I think I'll probably reach that goal early next year. I don't have any plans to stop at 500. I want to keep the channel going as long as I can.

You won't be surprised to know the artist/group I've covered the most is the Beatles with 44 songs (along with 2 McCartney songs and 1 Lennon song from their solo years). Stevie Wonder is next with 13 songs, Elton John with 9 songs, Kalapana with 6 songs (and one Mackey Feary song from his solo years), the (Young) Rascals with 6 songs, and Johnny Mathis with 5 songs.

You might be surprised to know my two most-watched videos are Japanese language songs. One is "Sukiyaki" (34,344 views) and the other is "Christmas Eve" (31,886 views). What surprises me quite a bit is that my third most-watched video is "Put Your Head On My Shoulder," a Paul Anka tune from 1959 (26,854 views)! I can't explain it but I'll take it! :) I'll post it here.

Ten years! A hearty THANKS to my Ukulele Underground friends for checking out my videos and leaving comments. You make me want to keep going!

Last edited:
Congratulations on your 10 year YouTube anniversary, and all the best for the future of your channel. I'm sure there are still plenty of fabulous songs to cover, so 500 won't mean the end of your journey!

Congrats on the ten years!... and the soon to be 500!

I have not heard nearly all your songs, but the ones I have heard have all been wonderful, most bringing smiles and good memories!

Congratulations! I've really enjoyed your YouTube channel! One of my favorites of your videos is this unforgettable and haunting recording of "He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother" in tribute to the victims and survivors of the tsunami in Japan a decade ago.

Congratulations on your 10 year YouTube anniversary, and all the best for the future of your channel. I'm sure there are still plenty of fabulous songs to cover, so 500 won't mean the end of your journey!

Thanks, Ms. Bean! My biggest worry is finger pain, so hopefully that condition won't worsen over the years. I hope I can keep it going! :)

Congrats on the ten years!... and the soon to be 500!

I have not heard nearly all your songs, but the ones I have heard have all been wonderful, most bringing smiles and good memories!

Thanks, rainbow21! One of my goals has been to find songs that haven't been covered much by ukulele people and sometimes not covered at all by anyone, and then try to post hopefully a decent version of the song. I still have a long to-do list! :)

Congratulations! I've really enjoyed your YouTube channel! One of my favorites of your videos is this unforgettable and haunting recording of "He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother" in tribute to the victims and survivors of the tsunami in Japan a decade ago.

Thanks, MDS725! I really appreciate it! My memory of covering this song is that I was inspired by the level of sympathy and support from the international community after this disaster. I always try to sing with feeling, but as I did this song, I was overwhelmed by emotion and had to stop and gather myself. I was happy when I was able to get it done! :)

Congratulations! It does take a lot of sticktoitiveness. :shaka: I'm coming up on 2 years and 200 videos. I have something special in the works for #200 but not sure it will get finished before the 2 year mark

Congratulations!
Your renditions of Kawailehua and La Isla Bonita (Hawaiian version) are my favorites. Sorry that they're not on YouTube anymore.

John,

Congratulations on quite an achievement. My sense is that we should be thanking you for stirring our memories, motivating us to practice, and (more often than not) putting a smile on our faces. Thank you.

Bill

Congratulations! It does take a lot of sticktoitiveness. :shaka: I'm coming up on 2 years and 200 videos. I have something special in the works for #200 but not sure it will get finished before the 2 year mark

Thanks, Jim, and congrats on your approaching 2 year mark. 200 videos in 2 years is incredibly prolific! Keep it going! :)

Congratulations!
Your renditions of Kawailehua and La Isla Bonita (Hawaiian version) are my favorites. Sorry that they're not on YouTube anymore.

Mahalo, kkimura! I really appreciate it! I'm happy to say that I have Kawailehua'a'alakahonua on my channel now. I had to reupload the Hawaii version of La Isla Bonita as a video entitled simply "Hawaii" to avoid the censors. I'll post both of them here:

John,

Congratulations on quite an achievement. My sense is that we should be thanking you for stirring our memories, motivating us to practice, and (more often than not) putting a smile on our faces. Thank you.

Bill

Thanks, Bill! I hope I've somehow motivated people to play more ukulele. It's been fun, and for me, therapeutic. The world would be a better place if more people played ukulele! :)

Thank you for reloading and posting Kawailehua and "Hawaii".

Every video you post is a delight John, and I love watching and listening to them.
Sadly, YouTube keeps unsubscribing me from you for some reason. You Trying to get rid of me? ��
I’m looking forward to your next ten years my friend, and at my ‘advancing far too rapidly years’ I hope I'm still around to enjoy each and every one of the recordings you post and share with us.

Every video you post is a delight John, and I love watching and listening to them.
Sadly, YouTube keeps unsubscribing me from you for some reason. You Trying to get rid of me? ��
I’m looking forward to your next ten years my friend, and at my ‘advancing far too rapidly years’ I hope I'm still around to enjoy each and every one of the recordings you post and share with us.

Thanks, Dave! Being someone who would love to have more subscribers, I absolutely wouldn't unsubscribe you, especially a great friend like you, and actually, I don't know how to unsubscribe somebody! I don't know about another ten years, but after I reach 500 videos, I think another 100 might not be impossible, God willing. I don't think I'll ever run out of songs I'd like to cover! :)

Congratulations on your 10 year anniversary! Reaching 500 videos will be quite an achievement.

All the best,
Luke

Thanks, Luke, and thanks for collaborating with me on earlier videos! Hope all is well! :)

Congrats on 10 Years!

I have enjoyed many of your videos. Thank you for sharing them here and on youtube.

I am looking forward to your future efforts as well :)

Congrats on 10 Years!

I have enjoyed many of your videos. Thank you for sharing them here and on youtube.

I am looking forward to your future efforts as well :)

Thanks, Joe! I really appreciate it! :)

Top Bottom