I Bit the Bullet

Jerryc41

Reaction score
I bit the bullet and ordered one of those electric wood benders from Luthiers Mercantile. It cost $215.25, no tax and free shipping. After spending this large amount of money, I guess I'll have to turn pro - competing with Timms, Beau Hannam, and the other popular builders. ;)

I have two ukes in mind to build, and this heater will give me a push to get to them.

Electric Bender.jpg

I bit the bullet and ordered one of those electric wood benders from Luthiers Mercantile. It cost $215.25, no tax and free shipping. After spending this large amount of money, I guess I'll have to turn pro - competing with Timms, Beau Hannam, and the other popular builders. ;)

I have two ukes in mind to build, and this heater will give me a push to get to them.

View attachment 134319
I am not a pro ..I am retired and only build them out of boredom and it is something to do to keep me out of the old folks home :eek:ld:

View attachment 134319

You are off to a great start: anyone wanting a Jerry uke will have to wait months for it to be built.

I use that heater, and it works well. It's a fair amount of money, but cheaper than using heater pads, and a lot more convenient than pipes and torches. Timbuck is a retired Toolmaker like me. We can't sit on our hands, we have to be making something. :D For not being a pro, he does really nice work.
Ed

A 'Jerry built' uke....Hmmm....not sure about that... ;)

Dictionary
jerry-built
/ˈdʒɛrɪbɪlt/
adjective
adjective: jerry-built; adjective: jerrybuilt

badly or hastily built with materials of poor quality.

:smileybounce::cheers::music:

I think it'll need a different name....

Last edited:
Top Bottom