7 months since I started playing uke, and I can't get enough

Spd2Last

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I've been floating around these forums for a while, and decided to finally sign up!

Quick background on me...
Don't have any recent formal music training (aside from 1 year of band class in middle school many years ago), but I've always had a desire to be fluent with an instrument - enough so that I'd be able to pick it up and improvise something. Well, with the pandemic keeping me home, I bought myself a $50 Donner concert uke set (including case, tuner, strings, etc.) from Amazon in November of last year after watching the "La Vie En Rose" performance in the show "How I Met Your Mother".

Fast forward to today...
I have an aNueNue AMM3 and a (The) Rebel Double Creme Mango Tenor on the way to provide them a new cozy home. I was instantly hooked from the start, much more so than I could have imagined, and I'm constantly finding myself messing with notes and chords to create something new (only to later find it's a known chord progression or slightly modified version of something well known). There's an acronym I'd constantly see posted on these forums - UAS. Even before looking it up, I had self-diagnosed myself with it. Was really on the fence of whether or not to get a KTM-00 instead of one of the ones I got, but I think I've chosen well enough to satisfy my cravings for some time... hopefully... *crosses fingers*

Anyways, looking forward to contributing some and learning from all of you! Thanks all and have a great day!

Welcome to UU, Spd2Last.
I started of on a Donner too, though I picked a tenor, and I still play it! However, I wouldn't mind the AMM3, or a Rebel.
It sounds as if you've caught the ukulele bug. Enjoy your journey!

Welcome! Those are some really nice ukes you have coming, you'll enjoy them!

Welcome to UU. Sounds like the bug bit you hard. It's an exciting hobby!

Thanks all for the welcome!

@Cadia - A few of your posts actually influenced me to go with the Rebel. I know you've got the Double Cheese vs the Double Creme I have on order, but it being your BFF when you've got a few other premium ukes. Plus the praise that the Rebel has gotten on the HMS videos, that all sold it for me.

Welcome to the UU Forum Spd2Last.

I have a Rebel Tenor Mango Double Creme Matte (actually satin). It is terrific. Love the neck shape and the great balanced sound.

Ukes are addictive. Playing is fun. I can play music!

Hi there! You’re three months further in than me, but I made the same start with a Donner. Including that, I now have six ukes in various sizes, though nothing especially posh - though there are a couple of solid woods in that lot.

The thing I really recognise from your post though is having little previous training and finding myself utterly addicted to playing with the ukulele.

Last edited:
Top Bottom