WTB koaloha 25th concert

Mim's Ukes has a soprano for sale. Be tough to locate a used one.

Bounty Music is located on Maui and is also known as Ukes.com as their online store. It’s a very nice store with lots of Ukes. Not sure about world’s largest but a nice store all in all. Paul the owner is a really nice guy and easy to work with. I’ve purchased a few Ukes from him and the transactions have all been great. Highly recommend!

Bought my first "serious" uke online from Bounty (ukes.com). Transaction went smoothly and easily.

I've been seeing KoAloha silvers still trickling in here and there. Seems like KoAloha is determined to hit their intended production goals.

I've been seeing KoAloha silvers still trickling in here and there. Seems like KoAloha is determined to hit their intended production goals.

I've noticed it seems like everyone just got another shipment of the tenors. Good thing I've already got my two perfect tenors (one high g and one low) so I'm not tempted to get a third. I am heavily considering one of the longneck pineapples over at ULTP, though....

On the subject of Bounty, how's their setup?

I've noticed it seems like everyone just got another shipment of the tenors. Good thing I've already got my two perfect tenors (one high g and one low) so I'm not tempted to get a third. I am heavily considering one of the longneck pineapples over at ULTP, though....

On the subject of Bounty, how's their setup?

Now I'm curious. Can I ask what your two perfect tenors are?

I don't recall what KoAloha's original projected numbers for anniversary ukuleles were, but I do recall that it was a lot higher for tenors than concerts and sopranos. Still, I think I saw one or two silver concerts pop up in the last few weeks, though they didn't last long. I haven't seen sopranos in a while. It does seem like it's mostly going to be tenors.

I really wish KoAloha would start using ebony headplates on all their ukes and Gotoh planetaries as well.

As for Bounty, at the time (a few years ago) they didn't include a setup with their uke. And they had a really short return window. Fortunately, my uke was great. For what it's worth, I haven't bought from them again, but largely because they didn't have what I was looking for, and if they did, it was something I could find elsewhere with a setup included.

Now I'm curious. Can I ask what your two perfect tenors are?

My high g is a Sceptre, and my low g is a Heritage built by Jesse Mendes in Hawaii. I've actually been meaning to do a post about the Heritage because I this one is fantastic. The headstock is a little bit heavy but the sound out of this thing is incredible. The intonation is perfect, it has great volume and sustain. I can't get over how good it sounds even just simple strumming of chords. I saw a video once of Jake Shimabakuro talking about how beautiful even just the C chord is, and then he strums it and this look of just pure satisfaction comes across his face. That's how I feel every time I strum this ukulele, haha. I think part of it is how much I like how low G sounds, but it's also just a great instrument.

It's mango with an ebony fretboard and sapele neck. It feels great in my hands and it's beautiful without being overdone. Here's the old listing for it that includes the specs as well as a sound sample: https://www.ukulelelab.com/product/heritage-ukuleles-custom-mango-tenor-ukulele

He has a koa tenor for sale right now but I haven't seen any other listings for any of his stuff, other than my mango and a sold milo uke on the same site. According to the site he's been building for ten years, so I'm not sure if these were just the first ones he sold to the public or what. I've been meaning to email Isaac at Ukulele Lab and ask, just haven't gotten around to it.

I don't think I need to elaborate on how wonderful the Sceptre is.

No response from OP after initial post. Hope he found what he wanted.

Top Bottom