SOTU 488

Here is my entry for the "Best"

you take 8 years to get around to bringing a shakespears sister song to the seasons... and then do two in one week! this one, "run silent", contains the song prompt word "hold" ("these prison walls can't hold me any more")

One of my dad's favorite songs. He actually requested I cover it just a couple weeks ago.
And I honesty thought this Seunday was Fathers' Day

My associations...

Stay... "Stay" by Treepeople
Alone... "Within Your Reach" by the Replacements
Best... "My Number One" by Gregory Isaacs
Wild... "Wild World" by Yusuf Islam
Sun... "Up on the Sun" by the Meat Puppets
Don't... "Don't Come Around Here No More" by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
One... "One" by Metallica
Bad... "Bad" by Michael Jackson
Games... "Games Without Frontiers" by Peter Gabriel
Make... "Bring On the Dancing Horses" by Echo and the Bunnymen
Moon... "The Killing Moon" by Echo and the Bunnymen
Fire... "Fire Woman" by the Cult
Heart... "Baracuda" by Heart
Little... "A Little Mascara" by the Replacements
Hold... "Hold My Life" by the Replacements

I've already played a few of these for former Seasons, and I've played songs by most of those bands.

I've never played a song by the Meat Puppets before, though, and the sun is blazing in Portland, Oregon, this weekend, so...

Hi Kelly! I want to thank you for the comments you left on my two submissions this week! I got notifications for the comments, but they never appeared in the comment stream, for some reason. Great theme and an enjoyable season!
Liz

Hi Kelly! I want to thank you for the comments you left on my two submissions this week! I got notifications for the comments, but they never appeared in the comment stream, for some reason. Great theme and an enjoyable season!
Liz

I think Youtube is seriously broken. this has happened on a couple of my latest as well.

yeah was acting funny for me as well. The season is done taking submissions.

I will review the entries this week for commendations and you will hear from me soon!

Top Bottom