Vangoa Tenor

GF1

Reaction score
Not really a review, more just some pictures...

I'm trying to pick up the ukulele and struggling with clumsy fat fingers so I bought a cheap Tenor-scale ukulele from a large online retailer on the assumption it would have a wider nut than a Soprano. This Vangoa arrived and its nut width is 35mm - exactly the same as the Makala Waterman I already had.

I paid GBP42 for the Vangoa (on a special offers day. Usually it seems go for around GBP55) and to my (inexperienced) eye it seems like really good value, so before I send it back, I thought I'd share some pictures, because I couldn't find much info online, and it feels like a small way I can contribute to the ukulele community...

What you get:-

The Ukulele

The lining/kerfing and the bracing (Sorry. I struggled a bit with these)

Last edited:
The Head

(The tuners below have a clear plastic protective film over them that I've not removed)

The extra bits and pieces

The bag zip is ok, but has caught slightly once or twice

Branded bits all branded consistently...

I hope that helps someone.

I took a punt on this after reading a review of the Vangoa Concert by Barry Maz here:-

https://www.gotaukulele.com/2019/09/vangoa-mahogany-concert-ukulele-review.html

Everything he says about the Concert suggests (to my untrained eyes and ears) that the Tenor I received is made as part of the same series, and the same comments apply.

(As a completely inexperienced novice) I was struck by how light it is, and (with only my Makala Waterman to compare it to) how clean, full-bodied, and loud the sound was. I suspect a large part of that is due to my lack of experience, and the massive step up in size of the instrument.

Top Bottom