Eastman EU3T Tenor Uke

Guitarpimp

Reaction score
Is the Eastman EU3T tenor uke a good instrument od should a get an other one for the same price?

Is the Eastman EU3T tenor uke a good instrument od should a get an other one for the same price?

They had an Eastman tenor in my local music store and it was hanging there for at least two years if not longer. It was no doubt one of the worst ukes that I ever laid my hands on. I

I had an Eastman EU3C concert that was excellent in all respects. The only reason I sold it was to help fund a more expensive Ko'olau concert.

I don't have any experience with the Eastman uke, but they've been able to establish a reputation for themselves as producing high quality stringed instruments from China. Not just good value for the price, like brands like Enya and Caramel, but actually high quality instruments.

I really enjoyed my EU3T. It's a great instrument particularly if you want a mellow sound. That's its strength and weakness, depending. I sold mine recently to fund a Kanile'a.

I have never played an Eastman Ukulele, but I own an Eastman mandolin, as does my son Clayton, and my brother Gary owns an Eastman guitar. All of these are beautiful instruments.
eastman mando on couch.jpgMy MD605 mandolin
Clay's Eastman MD515.jpgClay's MD515 mandolin
gary's guitar.jpgGary's E20SS guitar

I'd love to try an Eastman uke.

Last edited:
I realize the OP is asking about the tenor, but I just picked up the Eastman soprano used on eBay for a steal and it’s a really nice little uke. Lightweight, fine woods, nicely built, good finish, accurate intonation. The tone is warm and full (for a soprano) with the right amount of bark when you dig in and good volume. I’m not sure that I would have been willing to pay full retail price for a new one (more than double what I paid), but it is a quality instrument.

Right now I tested a Eastman EU3T tenor uke. Very good build quality, but it s not a open sounding uke. many reviews deal with that prob and hope the uke will be open after days of playing.

It looks decent. But I think for the price I'd get the aNueNue AMM3.

Top Bottom