Ukulele Underground Hats?

What style hats do people like these days? I used to wear hats all the time but had to stop because of my job. A lot of you sound interested so we are definitely considering putting some out now...

Nike SB's (SkateBoading Shoes)

I'm an iPath and Vans guy myself. LOL

Vans...weren't they just bought out by VF Corp??...that same company that runs Wrangler jeans and Jansport....if so, I refuse to wear them any more...used to all the time. I grew up skateboarding and in the 80s and 90s and try to support the companies that stay ind. owned and and in touch with the core scene.

Vans does still have a legit team, but who is profitting from it is what matters to me. I don't want someone to be driving a BMW that is purchased with "skate" money when they have never even stood on a board in their life. Just my opinion of course...

Last edited:
Vans...weren't they just bought out by VF Corp??...that same company that runs Wrangler jeans and Jansport....if so, I refuse to wear them any more...used to all the time. I grew up skateboarding and in the 80s and 90s and try to support the companies that stay ind. owned and and in touch with the core scene.

Vans does still have a legit team, but who is profitting from it is what matters to me. I don't want someone to be driving a BMW that is purchased with "skate" money when they have never even stood on a board in their life. Just my opinion of course...

Yes, Vans was bought by VF Corp some time ago (thus was the reason for closing about 75% of the Vans Skateparks around the U.S.).

I grew up skating in the 80's and early 90's myself and worked for HIC (Hawaiian Island Creations - Skate Team). I agree to keepin' the money with companies that care about the skateboarders and tryin' to keep the money in the U.S., however it's very hard to find one nowadays, except for grass roots local kine companies that don't get the exposure that they should (like Natural Koncepts in Hawaii). It's extremely hard to find ANY skate shoe out there that is actually made in the U.S. - even the well known skate shoe companies (ie. Etnies, DC, Emerica, Vans) are made abroad by the cheapest bidder.

American jobs get shipped over seas - product prices and quality drops; all the while CEO's are chuckling while counting their money on the way to the bank.

BTW -

Sorry for the thread hi-jack. LOL I'd love to see some (velcro) adjustable baseball hats (Khaki or Brown). I can't stand "trucker" hats myself. The plastic mesh is just so friggin' ghetto-fabulous! :D

Last edited:
What style hats do people like these days? I used to wear hats all the time but had to stop because of my job. A lot of you sound interested so we are definitely considering putting some out now...

as for me, I like New Era hats. But that's me and that's sorta my style. But if you're gonna put out a UU hat, it should be on a trucker hat or brimmed beanie.

heres a site that does customs for a price not so bad;
http://beanies.hatsnshirts.com/

mhh i dont know, everybody have another taste so we have to find a hat where everybody says :
yeah, this would be cool !

as for me, I like New Era hats. But that's me and that's sorta my style. But if you're gonna put out a UU hat, it should be on a trucker hat or brimmed beanie.

heres a site that does customs for a price not so bad;
http://beanies.hatsnshirts.com/

Yeah I'm quite fond of New Era Caps aswell. I don't expect New Era customs for UU but something along the same style.

Trucker hats don't look very good on most of us girls... just sayin'. But yeah, if a cool hat came out, I'd buy it. :D

Trucker hats don't look very good on most of us girls... just sayin'. But yeah, if a cool hat came out, I'd buy it. :D

I used to wear trucker hats all the time haha

I'm not a big trucker hat fan... But thats just me...

The New Era... what is it... "ProFit" hats... much better than the trucker hat.

My two cents.

Top Bottom