Hello from Cape Woolamai

seven7west

Reaction score
Hello all, I am a woodworker from Cape Woolamai. I’ve not made an instrument before but am an expert in boxes, beer shots games, walking sticks and fish (burglar ) pacifiers

Today I have had some plans for a concert ukulele printed. We’ll see how it goes. I’ll start a thread.

Last edited:
As a self taught amateur uke maker, I offer a word of advice: pay particular attention to the junction of the neck and the body. Accuracy here is of paramount importance.

Have fun. It is a fascinating journey.

John Colter

Thankyou…any advice is very welcome. I expect any odd vibration sources need to be clean….this would be a big one. Appreciate your advice

With your wood working experience I would expect clean joints as a matter of course. I was thinking about the various angles of the neck to the body. Give it plenty of thought.

John Colter

Welcome to the forums. Any pics of the fish pacifier?

Welcome!

You will probably have noticed the area on the Forum for Luthiers. From professional builders of fine instruments to members who dabble, they have discussions about ways to accomplish building ukuleles. Check it out.

Welcome!

You will probably have noticed the area on the Forum for Luthiers. From professional builders of fine instruments to members who dabble, they have discussions about ways to accomplish building ukuleles. Check it out.

Thankyou, I’ve started going through the building section…I have much learning ahead of me

Welcome to UU!

Welcome to UU, seven7west!
Awesome project you've picked. I hope you like it and learn from your first instrument build.

Top Bottom