Season of the Ukulele 489: SCAT!!!

Quite a history lesson enjoyed your version very much
METILLICA Borrowed very heavily Eric Bells guitar riffs from Thin Lizzy

Last edited:
I am really grateful to all the hosts who have let me drag up all the old music that I have made
Being incapacitated it is difficult for me to play but I still want to participate in the seasons
And relive old times
Da do ron ron

I am really grateful to all the hosts who have let me drag up all the old music that I have made
Being incapacitated it is difficult for me to play but I still want to participate in the seasons
And relive old times
Da do ron ron

We NEED you here, Rob! Hopefully, the time might come when you are able to get back to playing, but, meanwhile, it's good to see some of these "oldies."

Hello again, Rick! This one falls squarely in the onomatopoeia category. From 1944’s Meet Me In St. Louis, The Trolley Song.

The Trolley Song
Ralph Blane and Hugh Martin

Ooh Eee, Ooh Ah Ah, Ting Tang, Walla Walla Bing Bang

(this was a a request from Liz)

Thanks Rick. Not sure if anyone has done this..Simon and G. The Boxer....lie la lie etc.
Haven't had a chance to look at any vids. I had to work from home for the first time ever...I ended up working working twice as long as normal - constant battle with technology. It was a tough week. Counting down though..one month till retirement.

Hey, Rick.

Edith joins me on this one. A pretty no nonsense, bang it straight out version of Truth Hurts by Lizzo.

Bom bom bom ba bom bom bay!

or words to that effect...

"One person's language is another person's gibberish!"

Here is a couple of verses and chorus of a folk song in a very minority language (followed by a sung translation of the two verses and chorus).
The translation is as faithful as I could get it, but still rather loose.

Hope you enjoy:

Hi, Rick! You've left some of us off the Playlist between Jim ("Put On A Happy Face") and Lynda ("Girl 2")

Thank you, Val! My apologies, again. I've fallen behind this week as life intervened. I'm on it now.

So many great offerings and ... I dropped the ball. I'm on it now, I hope.

Last one, I promise. When I taught parent-child music classes, this was one of the songs that would come around every third year, but without the verses. Mouth music is a kind of scat, I assume...

The Rare Old Mountain Dew
Edward Harrigan and David Braham
Tune based on "The Girl I Left Behind"

Hey thanks Pa. When you sang It's All Blah Blah Blah this afternoon, you remindedmeof this song and I realised that I still had time. Here's The Austin Lounge Lizards Old Blevins written by 2 of the Lizards, Hank Card and Conrad Deisler.

Top Bottom