The Night Has a Thousand Eyes (Bobby Vee)

John,

Your rendition sounds very good, but this song is a new one for me - I honestly don't think I have ever heard it before. Broadening my musical horizons! :)

Bill

As soon as I saw the title of your thread, the song immediately started playing in my head. I’m always amazed at how many of these “oldies, but goodies” are permanently etched in my memory bank. They’re all there, neatly filed away, biding their time, just waiting for one of your videos to push the “play” button. :) Thanks for helping me keep them alive, John!

John,

Your rendition sounds very good, but this song is a new one for me - I honestly don't think I have ever heard it before. Broadening my musical horizons! :)

Bill

Thanks, Bill! This song peaked at Number 3 in 1963, so it was pretty popular in its day, but I guess it really depended on what songs your local radio stations decided to play!

As soon as I saw the title of your thread, the song immediately started playing in my head. I’m always amazed at how many of these “oldies, but goodies” are permanently etched in my memory bank. They’re all there, neatly filed away, biding their time, just waiting for one of your videos to push the “play” button. :) Thanks for helping me keep them alive, John!

Thanks, Jan! It's funny, isn't it, how these songs can persist in memory, even decades later? I usually don't have too much trouble with the lyrics of these oldies, although I did have to practice the second verse a bit!

Terrific job John. Another classic that was the foundation of my childhood. Memories of my transistor radio and the Silver Dollar Survey. Thanks once again for the memory.

Terrific job John. Another classic that was the foundation of my childhood. Memories of my transistor radio and the Silver Dollar Survey. Thanks once again for the memory.

Thanks, Joe! A transistor radio was probably the best Christmas gift I ever received. I got hooked listening to radio! :)

Top Bottom