Sparrow Flying V (with sound clip)

ukudancer

Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQH3RiEM8gQ

Some thoughts:

So, I had this made sight unseen...So this is my very first impression of it.

The neck is slightly thicker than the RISA LP tenor that I'm used to. The string spacing is also a little wider, but these are nothing that can't be adapted to after some playing time.

I really like the coil split and having the ability to play with just a single coil.

Not the biggest fan of the volume knob placement as it feels constrictive when I'm muting. That said, it's perfect placement if you like doing volume swells (something I don't do).

I haven't weighed it but it feels about half the weight of the RISA. It's definitely more comfortable, but at the same time I like the heft of the LP as it feels serious when you feel how heavy it is...It's a good thing that they feel different as I'm going to pick them up for different reasons depending on my mood.

That said, little nitpicks aside. Neither the neck width nor the volume knob placement has stopped me from having a blast with it the past 15 hours.

This was the first time I got to play it loud as I had headphones when I first tried out at 11pm last night.

AMA - I'll have more thoughts the longer I play it.

Last edited:
Thanks for your first impressions and side by side photo. One would expect variations between makers but the differences seem to be workable. Will you string one or both with low g?

With different setups you'll be all set for a rocking tour gig as you change axes for different songs. :cool:

Top Bottom