New aNueNue Bird Skinny Strap - Anyone try one yet?

Nice looking straps. I’d totally try one on my next order with HMS. Thanks for heads up!

My straps for sop and concert are 1 inch and excellent. 1.25 would be more desirable for tenor.

They have standard strap ends with the add on headstock adaptor so should be fine. But I would be wary of the metal as you note when using a case.

I saw these too. but I'm kinda addicted to Straps for Chords. So many different patterns are available!

Nice. I might go with this if I don't end up buying a Couch guitar strap.

I prefer 2" wide guitar straps for my tenors. More material design choices and availability. And they feel better on my shoulder when I'm standing and playing for a couple of hours.

I do not buy straps with metal fittings, studs or anything. For me, it's not when the uke is in the case that's the problem, it's when it's hanging on the stand, or as I'm carrying it, or picking it up. The strap bangs against the uke. Not hard, mind you, but I noticed rather quickly that the metal started to put little dings in the finish of my uke. I've not had that problem with the plastic fittings.

I especially am leery of some of the metal fittings. Many of them are not soldered closed. So they have sharp edges on the ends.

To me, 1.5 inches isn't a skinny strap. I don't care for anything wider than .75". But then, I play only concert scale ukuleles.

Never tried them, but they look classy - if I were to order an ukulele from a shop selling these I would get one. The brand is usually good quality, but I have the straps I need.

I wouldnt consider 1,5 inches skinny for ukulele/mandolin straps. I have one about that width, it doesnt look excessive, but that is about as wide as I would go.

Last edited:
Top Bottom