Minuet in G major and G minor (with TAB)

Lapyang

Reaction score
Minuet in G major and G minor.

This is minuet is one of the most recognized classical music pieces. Previously attributed to Bach, but later discovered by music historian that it was actually composed by Christian Petzold for harpsichord. The G major and G minor parts are often performed together.

I have listened to numerous excellent ukulele arrangements of the Minuet in G major but rarely seen arrangements for the minor counterpart. So I figured I will just have to arrange it myself.

In order to fit the ukulele better, I have arranged it to be played in the key of D instead of G. Re-entrant tuning (high g). I tried to take advantage of the high g to keep the piece in campanella style as much as possible. I have included links to pictures of the hand written tab below the YouTube description. I haven’t figured out how to use tab software yet.

Played on a Ken Timms soprano.

Hope you like it.

Stellar arrangement and playing, Joseph. Thanks for sharing the tabs!

Wow Joseph, that is outstanding! You make something that sounds so complex look easy! You really grabbed the bull by the horns there! I love classical songs on uke.

Thank you, John. I am glad I seemed relaxed on the video, it took me dozens of takes…

Top Bottom