Season 491 - Absolute Rubbish

"Leave me out with the waste"
Ryan I expect you to fully concentrate on on Season Hosting Duties...especially on Sunday night.....no distractions....forum updates every 15 minutes.
Cheers mate.

Here is my contribution to the Season. It's the story of a young woman with a "rubbish" husband... and the chorus reflects on the notion of "rubbish".
It was written especially for this Season.

Hope you enjoy:

PS I just read a reference on Page One of this Season to Lonnie Donegan and "My Old Man's a Dustman".

For a season, a while back, I updated that song as a comment on 21st century Politically Correct language. I think it's fun (especially if you know the original). However, it hasn't had many "hits", so, if you've got a moment, please give a listen to:

"My Chronologically Gifted Progenitor is a Waste Management Facilitator"

Last edited:
I wonder if someone witha more electrified approach to ukulele than I will do some Raveonettes before the season is over...

Perhaps the UU Gods said it was OK for me to take a short vacation, so they shut down the forum. Nah.

I'm delighted we're back. And here's a John Prine song about getting rid of the unnecessary distractions in your life.

G is not my key, but I soldiered on.

A cover of the Coasters Yakkety Yak but the solo is more Yakkety Sax.

Just dropped in from Derwentwater Marina for a resupply of boaty booty and had to have a go at this theme. Cheers, me hearties.

This is a song by the '90s grunge band The Posies. Their songs were very melodic and had great harmonies. I think of them as the Grunge Era's equivalent of the Everly Brothers. Back in 2016, for a mashup Season, I did a mashup of Genesis' "Throwing It All Away", Zero 7's "Throw It All Away", and The Posies' "Throwaway".

This is pretty rough! I struggled with it a bit and ran out of time and patience. Will have to give it a rest and revisit it in a few weeks.

A Joe Strummer song came to mind immediately.

Now, let me get focused on cleaning up the mess around here ;)

I've got one here from Oscar the Grouch in the style of Gordon Lightfoot

Here's the wrap for Season 490!

Thank you everyone for your patience during the downtime. Especially those who brought songs once the forum came back up. I appreciate it a lot.

The video is below, with a draw for three people who will receive one of my freshly-pressed CDs should they want to receive one! It's backed by a song from the album which would have fit this week slightly.

If the winners could PM me their address, that'd be great.

What a super wrap! The backing song sounds fabulous, the tambourine served as a perfect container to keep all of the names in check. Congrats to all the winners, and obviously to you, Ryan, as the very proud father of your first album! Thanks for a splendid week!

Yes indeed, thanks for a super week, I'm sorry you had trouble with the the forum being down during it, that's always very frustrating when that happens, thanks for pressing on regardless, and congrats to the winners -thanks for hosting!

Cor, lucky me! My mum always used to joke that I was good at winning raffles. Thanks Ryan, it sounds like it'll be great! And thanks for hosting and putting up with the forum difficulties.

Hi Ryan,

In today's mail, I was disappointed to receive an empty envelope that had been opened and the contents removed. It was placed inside a clear plastic bag with a message on the outside.
229034083_10157729483811621_75727240073386583_n.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Ryan,

In today's mail, I was disappointed to receive an empty envelope that had been opened and the contents removed. It was placed inside a clear plastic bag with a message on the outside.
229034083_10157729483811621_75727240073386583_n.jpg

Oh wow that's awful! Really sorry about that, I'll see what sort of digging i can do to see what happened and try to get another one out to you.

Hope the rogue postman enjoys my CD at least!

Oh no! This sucks!

This is like something from a film or a story book!
Even that note, what it says and how it looks....

Maybe you can write a song about this, Ryan!

Top Bottom