R&L handmade in Hawaii, solid koa soprano

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziret

Reaction score
I bought this from a forum member who didn't disclose all--and I didn't ask, so there you go. Anyway, the good parts are it's solid koa, even the fretboard, and it's handmade in Hawaii in the 90's I think. It sounds sweet, it's pretty, and it plays easily. It has no cracks or repairs.

The bad parts are the frets need work--for sure leveling, maybe more. It has a belly. The finish isn't perfect, but it's not terrible either. A couple of areas on the fretboard are funky looking, and I've shown that in the photos.

I only want $110 plus shipping for it--for a solid koa Hawaiian handmade soprano. That's a chunk less than I paid for it because I wouldn't feel right asking more. If you can do the repairs yourself, you get a solid koa, handmade Hawaiian uke for next to nothing. If you have to pay to have it restored, it's probably still a good deal. Even unrestored it's a pretty piece of history.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Eypq58cUYdcoDcNRA

I hate hearing how transactions here didn't go well and were not clearly communicated. I want to believe fellow musicians treat one another honestly and fairly, and if something wasn't spelled out, it is because many of the ways we classify instruments such as "condition", "volume", "playability" and "voice" are very subjective. In the end, I believe Karma will right the wrongs done dishonesty. I think for the most part sellers here hope that their buyers get what they are expecting...

Good luck with your sale, that's a lot of uke for the price!

I have had many great transactions here, and this little hiccup is half my fault, maybe more. In fact, this is a minor problem in the midst of so many wonderful exchanges I’ve had here. This board has been a sweet part of my life. I have nothing against the person and I don’t think they were dishonest at all. I should have asked more questions. And I should have, in retrospect, just sent it back! So no hard feelings, and I hope someone gets it who likes it. Make me an offer!

Ziret, that’s a great response. That outlook is why UU is such a wonderful forum.

Drat! It’s been sold. Thank you, though!

Thanks UU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom