New Onos

Last edited:
looks like a nice build but not my style where is the sound hole on the sound board...looking forward to the sound sample...:)

Fear not, Len. I'm well along on an 18" tenor that uses the flying buttresses and laminated top, but with just one puka right in the middle of the top where it's supposed to be! :)

Congratulations. This system sounds like a winner. Literally, it sounds great on HMS site. The build looks beautiful for the super concert. I had read in past about your laminate sides and back. Now the buttress bracing with CF and the cedar spruce laminate top. It sounds so clear. Very innovative and I’m sure this system means the ukulele with proper care will last forever. Nice choice of woods and finish as always David.

I'm not surprised that it sold that quickly. It's really a very special ukulele.
Congratulations to the new owner!

Thanks, folks, for your kind comments. It's fun to try something new, especially when it's well received!

Here's a peek at the next iteration of this theme. This is a tenor with an 18" scale. The top is Englemann and Sitka and the back and sides are quilted maple. I'm about to put on curly koa bindings, which should spruce it up nicely.

51334529582_9f94af8f73_b.jpg

Thanks, folks, for your kind comments. It's fun to try something new, especially when it's well received!

Here's a peek at the next iteration of this theme. This is a tenor with an 18" scale. The top is Englemann and Sitka and the back and sides are quilted maple. I'm about to put on curly koa bindings, which should spruce it up nicely.

51334529582_9f94af8f73_b.jpg

nice David i like the sound hole i might be old school but no sound hole on the soundboard looks strange to me..but i am an old guy ...Lol
nice work my friend...:)

btw I could not get to the recording with Andrew and looks like i am too late to see the nice concert uke...sold pretty fast

Last edited:
nice David i like the sound hole i might be old school but no sound hole on the soundboard looks strange to me..but i am an old guy ...Lol
nice work my friend...:)

btw I could not get to the recording with Andrew and looks like i am too late to see the nice concert uke...sold pretty fast

Here’s the original sales link with sound sample https://theukulelesite.com/ono-custom-cedar-claro-walnut-super-concert.html

Since they seem to still host the old sales listings, it would be great if they had a section for prior sales where we could all go back and easily find them after things sold.

Top Bottom