Keith Urban ukulele

I never liked Keith Urban. Don't care for his music, his looks, nor his personality.

That video does not change my mind.

I feel that this is all evidence of why the ukulele is constantly diminished and laughed at by those that are ignorant and content to parrot the obsolete stereotypes.

While I do admire his musicianship and enjoy listening to him perform, and he looks just fine to me as well, though I've never thought about it much (and a glance at my profile picture will let you know that I shouldn't be criticising how anyone looks), I did not appreciate the attitude of Keith nor the other guitarist in the video towards the ukulele.
Why try flogging ukes by laughing at them and making fun of them? His sales pitch seemed to be, "If you want an instrument that's really easy to play without much effort, buy my ukulele."

Last edited:
I did not appreciate the attitude of Keith nor the other guitarist in the video towards the ukulele.
Why try flogging ukes by laughing at them and making fun of them? His sales pitch seemed to be, "If you want an instrument that's really easy to play without much effort, buy my ukulele."

I know that many uke players may be sensitive that there is an attitude that it is not a real instrument or that it is a toy so I always try to be aware if it is paranoia or reality. But- I agree with your observation. They seemed to be mocking it as a joke of some sort and it seemed as if he had little interest.

Perhaps we should focus more on the players who are serious and enlightened. Aaron just posted recently about the instrument he made for Dave Matthews

I know that many uke players may be sensitive that there is an attitude that it is not a real instrument or that it is a toy so I always try to be aware if it is paranoia or reality. But- I agree with your observation. They seemed to be mocking it as a joke of some sort and it seemed as if he had little interest.

Perhaps we should focus more on the players who are serious and enlightened. Aaron just posted recently about the instrument he made for Dave Matthews

Nice ukes. Good to keep things simple for the roadies. I wonder how many of the support crew have any experience with ukuleles? Do their auto tuners work with the alternate tunings?

Seems like the "Keith Urban" ukulele is available on Amazon again for $99... :music:

I don't know who he is, but I don't like him. I like her even less.

I do respect Dave Mathews, he's been around making music for a couple of decades, at least.

Last edited:
Looking forward to hearing the reviews from all the curious souls out there!

Go watch at his Crossroads concert with John Mayer. I'm not a country fan, but I have a ton of respect for KU as a player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk7gxJzCtfY

Well, he is at least wearing the t shirt from my favorite pub, the Station Inn of Nashville, a Bluegrass music club. But I can't stomach his music, not in this video. People like him ruined Country music, IMHO.

Top Bottom