NUD: Kanile'a KSR-T Premium

Here is a short video of me spinning the uke around so you can see how pretty it is on all the sides and in the light! Sound sample will come soon :cool:

https://imgur.com/a/oyGIfjP

That's absolutely gorgeous! A Kanile'a tenor is on the top of my wishlist as well. I have the same Enya tenor as you and while it's a heck of a uke for the price, it's not even in the same universe as a Kanile'a.

So... My wife was rushing around today and managed to drop the uke on the floor :( and it has some war wounds after just one week!

It was totally accidental and it still sounds just as good but so gutting of course

https://imgur.com/a/uIpVHFn

I think it's just the gloss though so I could probably get someone to fill in the dings so the light doesn't catch them and you'd barely notice (maybe?)

I know these things happen, and it's only small, but just one week :(

Oh noooo! It wasn't in its case?

Oh noooo! It wasn't in its case?

It was, but it wasn't closed because it was just sitting there and I'd been picking it up and putting it down to play, but she just grabbed the case and out it fell :( I was out of the room...

Sorry to hear that it already had a mishap, but now you don't have to worry about that anymore. :)

Kanile'a always seems to have the most beautiful koa. Lovely ukulele.

It was the big day! Went to my "local" Kanile'a dealer who had special ordered 2 KSR-T models so I could try them both and choose one. I chose the one that had a slightly more warm sound to me as that's what I prefer.

I love it! It looks so good, sounds AMAZING. I switched the strings to worth brown and its settling, but I probably need to unwind and rewind the strings as they have a crazy number of winds on the slotted headstock since they're just too stretchy.

I'll post more updates in a few days... But I loooove it!

Not the best photos but here's a few for now... New Kanile'a KSR-T

How do you find the Kanile’a Tenor sound vs your KoAloha Tenor?
I’ve got a Kamaka and Kanile’a Tenor, but never tried a KoAloha. And I can feel my buying fingers itching :)

Top Bottom