Season 492 - If I Had The Wings Of A Dove

Thanks for a wonderful week Joo. It was nice to see that you are a Yoyoer (Is that a word?) When I was a kid I won a bronze Cheerio Yoyo Award (This had nothing to do with the breakfast cereal) in a yoyo contest. I'll have to get one to see if I can remember any tricks.

View attachment 134774

https://yoyo.fandom.com/wiki/Cheerio

go get one and show me some tricks. As you can see I play yoyo like i play the uke! haha! OK seriously I am better at the uke than yoyo, which means my yoyo-ing is......you know...

nice badge Jim. I love badges. these embroidered ones are so nice, I like that the words in yours are a tiny bit "off"... i will show off my badge soon, maybe tomorrow. Not something i won, but bought.
Anyone who has a love for badges please join in. :):):)

Last edited:
Good morning (here), Joo! I’ve just added Rob’s rendition of The Littlest Birds Sing The Prettiest Songs from 6 years ago to my original post, above. It is so beautiful…just…stellar. Enjoy! Thank you, Rob!

OH! I will go and check it out now! Thanks Liz. I am still staring at Jim's badge. it is so nice. How nice he must feel as a kid to win a badge for a yo-yo contest.

(I just watched Rob's version of The Littlest Birds. OMG. it is stunning, everything about it. Wow. You all got to watch it!)

Last edited:
I LOVE seeing the passion that you all have for music, and for singing and playing, and sharing it with us.

How lonely the world would be, if we hide away in our own room(or house or mansion), and no one hears our joy, our pain, our stories?
(Wait, maybe I would not want to share my pain with you all. It would be...unnecessary. I am very lucky I must say....)

Anyway, that was just me thinking out loud...

Day 5 here for me.
Thank you Berni, Janet, Rob, Liz, Edwin, Jim, Bob and Brian(pa) for your songs and presence here!
For those of you browsing and have not listened to their songs, I urge you to do so.
There is something quite wonderful in each of their song and video.
I made a silly one at my office this morning..that was to amuse myself, really, and hopefully give someone here a smile or something positive.
Then I recorded the song that Rob sang the melody of a famous Russian song over. My singing is very children-song style. Sometimes I find it too demanding to try to sing.
And you all do it so well. So I really appreciate it.

Janet is a brilliant puppeteer and player and singer. I really liked all the videos she has been sharing with us.
Then today she decided to share 2 videos, where she wasn't acting silly and stuff, but sang from her heart. ( not that being silly doesn't come from the heart, that too!)
Wildfire was one of them. But the one that really moved me a lot was Run For The Roses. Check that out. She took us to the race track too but sorry Janet I wasn't so interested in that,
I wanted to hear you sing and play!
She played beautifully, with a lot of feelings.

Liz did a lovely cover of The Littlest Birds by The Be Good Tanyas, then found a version that Rob did 6 years ago.
Both versions shine in each own way. Rob also made this stunning video to go with his cover, he is a true artist. It is worth checking it out. Liz's too.

Actually, everything here. Just...like...watch and listen. There is something wonderful in each of these videos. I think I said that already. :)

I sense that perhaps a few of you might feel a bit shy to post "too many" songs. Look, there is no "too many".
Just play for us if you have time and the passion, or share anything you feel to share with us.
Don't stop the passion from flowing out.

I am going to share a song by Lambchop, a.k.a Kurt Wagner.

Last edited:
In the early 1980s, I was a semi-pro folk singer. On the circuit, I was especially known for my sea songs. Indeed, I got a mention in a Dictionary of Sea Songs as a promising young songwriter of modern sea songs in a traditional idiom.

This song was born this FAWM when one challenge was to write Shanties and Sea Songs. I wanted to see if I could still draw on my old sea faring ancestors (three generations of seamen) and, of course my memory of reading Herman Melville). So I came up with this Sea Song (I might even get chance to offer you the Shanty if time permits before the end of the Season).

I was going to dedicate it to "All those opposing whale hunting" - but I was in a hurry and forgot to add the dedication. :(

Taking into account historical licence I hope you enjoy:

Hi Joo - it's another van week for me, but I have just found time to throw this old Bonzo Dog Band number into the mix

I'm more than happy to be 'that Lumpy wafflesquirt fella' :^)
Here's another one although I'm not convinced that birds are animals. [and there's another one to follow later tonight or tomorrow as it is rendering at the moment and it depends if it is done before I go to bed!]
I have also thought of a great one to do [unless someone has already] if I can find the lyrics/chords tomorrow.

Have I missed it, or has nobody done it or is it the elephant in the room?
'The house of the rising sun' seems the [too?] obvious one for this season

I've been playing over House Of The Rising Sun and trying to figure out what it has to do with the topic, but I can't figure out what a song about a woman trapped in a life of prostitution has to do with the topic.
Help me out Lumpy.

I've been playing over House Of The Rising Sun and trying to figure out what it has to do with the topic, but I can't figure out what a song about a woman trapped in a life of prostitution has to do with the topic.
Help me out Lumpy.

Never mind. . . It just dawned on me that The Animals did a famous cover of this song in the sixties. It's not the song content, but one of the well known performers who did it. Sorry 'bout that.

Last edited:
Never mind. . . It just dawned on me that The Animals did a famous cover of this song in the sixties. It's not the song content, but one of the performers who did it. Sorry 'bout that.

I look forward to hearing your rendition as I think it is beyond me, I've jammed on it on harmonica!

Last edited:
This one contains the word ‘howling’ - a noise commonly associated with canines, though not, of course, exclusively. And not in this song either. Hope that’s okay, Joo? Thanks again for hosting! :)

Good morning, friends! (About 9AM here for me)
Day 6 here. Hope you are feeling fine, and enjoying your day or evening.

Berni brought a sea song about whale hunting on his lovely Mainland uke. I like that he shows his uke off at the end of each performance. It looks like he respects them and cares for them.
Luis sang us 2 songs, wearing his Yoda in Van Gogh land tee.
Steve brought a delightful one from his van. I also like his stripey tee collection.
Robin sang 2 songs from a workshop or garage..he looked like he had so much fun singing them. Yeah!
Jim brought a moving version of House of The Rising Sun. The emotions in his voice brings out the sadness in the song.
And Dave was here with Max, who looked so contented on the couch. That couch, Dave, must be a happy couch. A safe place for you and Mel, and Max.

Speaking of faithful buddies, here is a song about one.
Have a good weekend everyone.
X

This one contains the word ‘howling’ - a noise commonly associated with canines, though not, of course, exclusively. And not in this song either. Hope that’s okay, Joo? Thanks again for hosting!

Yes of course Del!
I posted my post and then saw that you had just posted yours.
(I am a slow writer)
Will check it later from my proper laptop.Thank you! X

I’ve got some cat-ching up to do now being home from vacation! I found the time to actually comment on quite a few videos this week. In th old days of the Seasons I always found the time. What happened…. is time actually moving faster?? Here’s a song from “Dumbo”.

Top Bottom