Season 492 - If I Had The Wings Of A Dove

joo

Reaction score

Welcome to Season 492!
Please watch the video to know the theme.

You are welcome to post as many videos as you like.

If you are posting more than 1 video, I will be commenting on 1 of them, and try my best to watch and comment on everything you will post. Every video will be included in the playlist, of course.

I want to take this opportunity to urge every participant to watch and comment on your friends' videos. This forum exists because of our love for music and ukulele, which to me means absolutely nothing if not for all of you playing your uke and singing your heart out. So, let's not forget to check out our friends' videos.

Please share any stories, if you have and feel to, that are related to the theme in any way, personal or less personal, when you post. I am interested to know more about you.
I am also interested in your ukulele and the music you play, so feel free to share those as well, if you want. If you prefer not to say anything, it is good too. Just feel comfortable.

Everyone is welcome to participate! No matter what your skill level. We are a friendly group of people. A few of us might be a bit shy and quiet, but no one is gonna make you feel unwelcome. So, make this week your first week on the Seasons of the Ukulele.

It will also be nice to see past members or on-and-off members this week, even your pet bird or dog, if she or he sings or plays the uke. Most of them do.

Val is still driving her limousin up the mountain for a sandwich and the view, don't forget to pop by and say hello to her. Sometimes it can get a lil' lonely up there around this time of the week.

NOTE: No videos should be posted before 12:00 AM Sunday Hawaii time.
This Season ends eight days later on Sunday at 11:59:59 PM Hawaii time.

Thank you!

Joo

PLAYLIST

Thanks to Janet for sharing her old videos that feature animals of all kinds. This is her playlist.
Janet's animal songs

Last edited:
I wake up early everyday Brian. Looking forward to what everyone will bring!

Oooops, sorry Dave, i had a few ideas but went with this theme. Dunno why.
Maybe I can "donate" my other ideas to you? If you want, PM me.

Thanks guys for commenting!

Last edited:
Great theme and intro!

Hi Rick! Yay!

Here is something i found the other day. I love the music and their dancing!

Lovely theme, Joo ... I am already practising animal noises!

Thanks for the generous theme Joo! This song is a traditional. Sometimes it appears as an innocuous lullaby. Other times dark verses appear. The Calexico version has the latter. tenor uke with some added ipad keyboard sounds.

Looking forward to hearing your animal noises, Val!

And as usual, ladies and gentlemen, we had the brilliant Pabrizzer, the quirky Charley B and the wonderful Flatbaroque to open the week!

Thank you Brian for your beautiful song. Your uke and you sound great. But the lyrics are what hits the most.

How many of those aluminium hats do you have, Charley B? They must keep one's skull warm and snug.

And John, you know I wanna see more of your paintings. Thank you for that traditional done in the way you do it.
I like calexico too, it was Jon who introduced them to me.

Hey Rob, where are you?

Now, i have gotta share this.

Melting over Reina....

Reina reigns over Rob....haha

Thank you for sharing this video dear Rob.
Gonna watch it properly now....

Oh, that just completely melts my heart, Rob.

I have just edited my "rules" a little bit, while my good old heart is still soft as mush from seeing Reina the great dane runs about like that in Rob's video...

Here seasonistas, you may post as many videos you like.
I may or may not be able to comment on all of them, but let's see.

My apologies in advance for this Loudon Wainwright III ditty.
Donovan wrote a lovely song called Colours. This is a slightly less lovely song also called Colours. I'll make up for it later in the week Joo, I promise.

Hi Jim and Wim!
(My mind automatically goes into silly nursery rhyme mode and wanna write lines that rhyme with both your names, but i am too sleepy now)
I will add both your videos to the playlist in a sec, guys.
But i will watch and comment on them tomorrow when i am not so tired
Never heard of LWIII's Colous, Jim. I am very curious. Maybe I have.
I am sure yours will be lovely. I'll find out tomorrow.
Wim, it just occured to me that U2 has an album called Zooropa.....!

I am gonna bombard you all with another animal-related song.
Time to count some sheeps.
Night night. See you tomorrow.

Flanders and Swann wrote a lot of animal songs. Probably their most famous is The Hippopotamus (any takers? :)) but here's agnother one that I think has been pretty popular over the years:

Flanders and Swann songs are quite fun to do on the uke but they don't half have complex piano parts, so this is a bit simplified!

Hi, Joo!

Thanks for hosting! Here's a song that was written by a very good friend and old band mate of mine during lockdown last year. It's about wanting to pack it all in, move to the country and become a horse.
It's important to have goals in life...

Top Bottom