Season 492 - If I Had The Wings Of A Dove

Hi Joo! I love the theme you've chosen and predict you will have a slew of songs for all of us to enjoy this week. Thank you for hosting. Here is a Bob Dylan song from 1979 which mentions several different species.

Man Gave Names To All Of The Animals
Bob Dylan, 1979

I am at work now and am able to take a brief few seconds to say Good Day or Good Evening to all of you.
It is wonderful to see all these videos, it feels as if all of you are bringing these songs as presents to my party and giving them to me.

I am feeling excited but I need to tend to some work here. I will add all the videos up till here to the playlist and will be back to watch and comment on them later.

Hope all of you are feeling well today.
If I could hug you all I would give each of you a big bear hug.
later.

it's been in my head since your terrific version in your season intro Joo - found lots of versions on youtube that i enjoyed too - could not find out exactly who wrote it though
here's another version - would love to hear more this week...

Super entry, but you must have your video set for "Yes, It's made for kids" because we can't comment.

Hi Wim,
Yeah your video has comments turned off, so I am commenting here.

nice cover as usual Wim! Steady, bloody good strumming happening there as well.
Your uke, with the reverb that you had on for the audio, sounds almost like a resonator.
I like the light in this video, so nice and laidback. Nice to see all the instruments and THE HAMMOCK outside too!
It looks like a great place you spend lots of time in, where you are.
Hope you and your loved ones are well.

You all are so good, as players and singers. Just so real. So nice to watch.
My lunch break is over so I will stop watching and commenting, although I can't wait to listen to the next video...

Before I get back to my job here is an Andy Partridge song I like to share. Just for fun.

I will be back several hours later!

Come on Brian let's go Walkies. it would be quite wonderful to go walkies

Last edited:
Hey Joo, thanks for hosting. I'm glad to see you've been posting up some lovely videos lately, including the intro for this season. Here's a song that centers around a Seagull flying. Hope all are well ~

Hi Joo! Got loads of ideas for this week but a lot of them are shouty and I've got a sore throat at the moment and a gig to prepare for this weekend

So here's a nice chill reworking of one I've done before.

(Do i get bonus points for playing it on a dolphin)

Thanks for hosting Joo and providing an inclusive theme.Never one to resist a challenge Jt steam did a nice rendition the Gnu song by FLanders and Swan and here is another famous song from the comedy duo.Sorry its so long but you may leave at half time if you wish.

YAY!!!! hey Ryan, hey Stanley!
I just finished "recovering" from that electrifying performance by Kev and came here some minutes ago and was disappointed a lil' to see no new videos. Then you both appeared!
I hadn't been consistent on the Seasons for a long time now and only been back a bit more recently...and was just wondering where you are, Stanley, coz i thought I had not seen you for a couple of weeks?
Maybe I didn't check so diligently.
So, it is very nice to see you appear on my screen, haha.
Anyway, I am gonna watch them now.....

I am gonna populate this place with more animal related videos! Please don't hesitate to join me. :):):)

I don't know many musicians and their music. But when I like one I find that most of their music I like.
Vic Chesnutt is one of them. His songs may not be everyone's cup of tea. Very dark. Here is one of his.

Take 2 - Since "Colours" put me in a Loudon mood, I'll do the first Loudon song that most of us ever heard, DEAD SKUNK IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD. Lotsa animals in this one: skunk, cat, dog, toad-frog (What the heck is that?), rabbit, raccoon.
In the early seventies, I was teaching at Roseneath Centennial Public and a student from a higher grade, Kathy, asked me if I'd teach her to play the guitar. It sounded like fun, so we arranged a time after school for her to come to my room and learn some guitar. Another student, Ricky, heard about it and asked if he could come too. This was my debut at guitar teaching. The first song she wanted to learn was Dead Skunk which was popular at the time. Her folks came in and asked how much the lessons would cost. I said that I helped kids with Math and Science after school and looked after clubs after school and never got extra pay, and this was way more fun than math, science or the clubs, so these were free lessons.
I later met her older brother, Jimbob and played music with him.
A few years ago I played mandolin in a bluegrass band, Sweetgrass, headed by Jimbob. I had lost touch with Kathy, but we were reunited at a Jamboree that her brother sponsors each summer on the Alderville First Nations Reserve north of Port Hope. I was happy to hear that Kathy (now called Kate) still makes music.

Jim & Kathy at the Bearpaw Jamboree Summer 2019.
Jim & Katy at Pear Paw b.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom