Season 492 - If I Had The Wings Of A Dove

It hurts me to do this but here’s another. No, I mean it literally hurts. My arthritis wrists everything. But I do play as often as I can.

I did overkill on the old videos but got 4 new in there! Two of them originals so I hope that makes up for it. I haven’t done this many new songs in one week in a long time. Thanks for your patience Joo and for the separate playlist. I need to do this on my own channel. Making a separate playlist for each different kind of video.

Last edited:
What a great week it’s been for music, Joo, thanks to you. Here is one from Lyle Lovett’s 1987 album, Pontiac. Lovett says the song is based on an actual experience from his youth when he was out riding and needed to cross a shallow pond. The horse startled and wouldn’t cross, apparently, and Lovett wished he had a boat to carry the horse across the water.

If I Had A Boat
Lyle Lovett

wait what you mean, Dave? Yes Season 493 is the Instrumentals 2 thread. Dave(the host) forgot to number it. :)

Ah- didn’t even look at that because there was no number. Cool, thanks for steering me in the right direction ;)

And yes it is a great season, Dave! Thanks to everyone and their passion and enthusiasm!

I just checked out the latest videos. And I had tears of joy. Not joking.
I think I said on Andrew Morse's robin song that I don't cry easily but I had teared up a few times now, from some of the very moving performances I experienced.
And today, tears of joy from Liz's version of If I Had A Boat.
Just go and feel it! It is here.

I am also really moved to see Janet with 2 new videos! I don't think you will disagree when I say she sounded great.
Yes, the arthritis is a bastard, but she did the 2 songs like it was effortless.
The original she brought us - that is a sort of love song.
It is about all the animals that she has ever had.
I think that was a fantastic song. I felt that one deeply, felt her entire being in the song.
Thank YOU Janet. XXX

OK guys...and girls.
Oh, sorry, forgot to say GOOD MORNING to you.
And Good Afternoon and Good Evening too.
It is around 11.50 AM here and we still have about 6 more hours to go.

Bring some more songs if there is one or more in you waiting to come out.

I also want to say a big THANK YOU to James, Loftur, Sabine, Robin, Kimi and Lydia for their songs!
They are all very enjoyable to watch and listen to.
First time for me listening and watching James play. I watched both his with my nephews and we all loved what we heard and saw. Children don't lie. :)
Loftur brought a cat that vanished. The cat wore a cloud around its neck and had a hearty laugh. I can't get that image out of my mind now.
Robin brought a fun surprise. You need to watch all the way till the end to find out!
Sabine was looking happy as she sang us an old song, wearing her Totoro Cat Bus Tee shirt. I won't tell you which old song, you need to go hear it yourself.
Kimi and Lydia showed us their kitties, Mira and Hina! So much loveliness there. Overflowing.

I saw this video of this COOL cat on YouTube.
I think some of you might enjoy it.

Catch you all later!

Last edited:
I'm not a good enough musician to figure out how to play Black Sabbath's "War Pigs" in eight days, though I did figure out how to play this Suede song that has a related theme...

PS Don't be a pig <3

I won't be a pig, Ralf! (・ิω・ิ)
I will be a bird! (・∀・)

Our Season of animal songs ends here, friends.
Thank you to all who participated!

See you all at Dave's Instrumentals thread!
Love to all of you.

I thank you and everyone who participated for all the songs you brought!

Will be back soon to do a wrap.

Thank you for bringing 2 wonderful songs, Del!

HERE IS THE WRAP.

If you would like a copy of this, please PM me.
I can also send you any image of your choice from the clip.

Thank you everyone!
It was fun. :->

Last edited:
Joo, <3 The wrap Video is making me so happy. Thank you for everything this past week. I sincerely hope we meet someday. Not just because I want to try on your Converse sneakers, either, but that is definitely one reason :- )

Wonderful season and wrap Joo :) Definitely smiling and laughing as the wrap wraps up :)

Haha it's so good to know you all are not offended by me portraying you all as animals and with those sound effects.
I admit i was very tame in my execution.
Thanks Liz, Kev and John for dropping by to say something!
Kev, i think you r probably more a dog-cat. The loyalty of a dog, and the eccentricities of a cat.
John, it was hard to imagine how you look when i have never seen your face...
But from your positive feedback i reckon you must really be a bird. :)
And Liz, yeah, i feel i know you in a way, after this week...something wonderful happened..
Thank you for letting me experience it through your songs. I would definitely love to meet you one day.
Now let's talk more girls' stuff!
Today as i was thinking of what to wear to work, i put this on. It's not really my style, nor my colour, but i liked the pretty embroidery and bought it from a charity shop. It has a tag that says Molly. I am a sucker for details like these.
Anyway, what i wanted to say, (and speaking of Converse sneakers and stuff we wear) was that it reminded me of something that would look nice on you, not so much the colour, more the style. Um..dunno.
I took the selfie too to show you the paper cranes and birds hanging from the ceiling of our library.
Since you like birds.
yep!
Smile, everyone!
It's good for your face muscles!View attachment 134853

Last edited:
I would love to see the cranes, and the Molly dress! Alas! I cannot. But, as a consolation, here is a song I changed the lyrics to, since the original lyrics made me annoyed. For you, Joo. :- )

Girl Crush

That makes a great profile picture, Charley! So glad you like it.
I was giggling when the drawing turned out looking that way.

And, Liz! Oh dear, that was so gorgeous.
Awww....thanks for the dedication...
I actually would love to meet everyone at the open mic thing but the timing is bad for me..
But maybe we will meet one day. :)

I have yet to find something to learn and play for Dave's Instrumental week...
Can't believe it's Thursday today...

Top Bottom