Luna High Tide Exotic Mahogany Concert - REVIEW

bazmaz

Reaction score
Interesting review, Baz. I won one of these in a raffle a few years ago. I promptly sold it because I hated the big ugly plastic pre amp battery holder in the side. Luna can do better, but they'd rather look flashy and be overpriced. Way overpriced.

Very much agree with you Nickie. I suppose there was a time when Luna would stand out in the marketplace, but considering the competition these days, I don't think they cut it.

Good review, I thought it sounded awful.

I agree with everything you said in the YouTube review, but I was surprised to see it get an 8.5/10 score in the written review.

Not a lot of life to it is there?

:shaka: I had tried a High Tide about a year ago in a little music store, right when some stores were opening up from Covid. It was actually their most expensive uke. The several other ukes they had hanging were very low budget, entry level, just-starting-out ukes. The wave inlays on the fretboard caught my eye, and I really liked that detail. But the sound was very one dimensional and uninspiring. The unfortunate part was that at first it actually sounded good compared to the other Luna ukes.

Last edited:
I agree with everything you said in the YouTube review, but I was surprised to see it get an 8.5/10 score in the written review.

Try to be as fair as possible - the sound is what drags it down, but it IS a fair price and certainly looks nice enough

Top Bottom