NUD: Tyde Learner Concert

necessaryrooster

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Got my Tyde Learner concert in the mail yesterday and haven't been able to put it down. Koa top and back, one piece cherry neck and sides. Koa on the headstock with abalone inlay for the Tyde logo. The fret markers are abalone as well. Pepe Romero strings; I have it strung in high G.

Super easy to play with a great setup right out of the box. I got really lucky and happened to email them asking about the learners when they were in the middle of an unclaimed build so I only had to wait a couple weeks for it. They also built a learner tenor which is up for sale on their website right now.

This is a fantastic uke; I'm 100% satisfied. I'm also really glad that the uke they have up for sale on TUS right now is a tenor or I might be tempted to grab it. I'm definitely going to get another Tyde at some point.

I can post a sound sample if anyone is interested.

Pics! Tyde 1.jpgTyde 2.jpgTyde 3.jpgTyde 4.jpgTyde 5.jpg

Congrats! Nice looking uke. I love koa wood sound in a uke.

One thing I noticed is that the note names are printed on the fretboard face instead of on the side. This may create problems when the uke is in the playing position, which generally doesn't allow you to see those note names. The chord shart printed on the body side is pretty good location.

One thing I noticed is that the note names are printed on the fretboard face instead of on the side. This may create problems when the uke is in the playing position, which generally doesn't allow you to see those note names. The chord chart printed on the body side is pretty good location.

I think the notes on the fretboard are intended to be used as a learning tool rather than a playing aid. So you can just plop your fingers down on a chord and then look and see what the notes are instead of trying to reference a chart or something online. Also so you can easily find new voicings of chords by quickly seeing where the notes are instead of having to reference a chart.

Congratulations! It seems like Tyde is getting more popular.

I think the notes on the fretboard are intended to be used as a learning tool rather than a playing aid. So you can just plop your fingers down on a chord and then look and see what the notes are instead of trying to reference a chart or something online. Also so you can easily find new voicings of chords by quickly seeing where the notes are instead of having to reference a chart.

Well explained. That is pretty much how I used the Tyde Learner that I owned for about half a year before moving it on to another user.

Top Bottom