7 early signs of addiction

clear

Reaction score
https://methodtreatment.com/family-resources/7-early-signs-of-addiction/

1. Secrecy and suspicion

Hiding the uke purchases from friends and family.

2. Removing themselves from family and friends

Practicing the uke for hours all by yourself.

3. Constantly needing money

UAS isn't cheap.

4. Change in appearance

Looking good in my Aloha shirt.

5. Change in personality

Become happier after regular uke sessions.

6. Excessive risk taking

Singing in public? Say no more.

7. Neglecting their priorities

Car repairs can wait; this uke deal is once a lifetime.

My name is John Colter and I am a ukaholic.

I'm four out of 7. Addicted or just uke dependency?

Bluesy.

I stopped going to "Ukuleles Anonymous Sessions" (UAS) because the meetings always devolved into song sessions. :)

I think that would be a 12 half step program, yes?

And, like it says in the Book, "Half measures availed us nothing." We have to play and sing whole measures, and each and every one of them! :D

Last edited:
:rotfl:

A timely warning! I have only two ukes (OK, a third is on its way), but yesterday I realized that I've started to think of Uke #2 as my "secret ukulele."

"5. Change in personality
Become happier after regular uke sessions."

Sounds like a good thing to me. :)

Disabling Siri and Alexa monitoring so I can sneak off and get my strum fix -- because I really need it!

Cop stops the car to look for smuggled goods because it has four men in it -- and our group's name is "Contra-band."

Why were we arrested? Because we tried to give him a C-note. Barrump Bump!

Last edited:
You know you've got UAS when the UPS arrives to deliver a NEW uke AND pick up the one you've just sold to justify the purchase of the new one....for twice the price that you sold the old one.... for......

UAS is an insidious thing. I remember back when I thought having 2 ukes was indulgent! I confess that I was secretly kinda judgey about people who had a whole bunch of ukuleles. Then I had 3. Then I had 4. Then I had 5. etc. My high is 7 and I recently sold one to make it a more manageable 6. Even so, I've still been kind of casually shopping around. It's a sickness! ;)

I was telling a friend of mine today, "On Wednesday I have to drive to [neighboring town] to pick something up."

First question she had...."is it a ukulele?"

:rotfl::rotfl:

...unfortunately, it's not.

Top Bottom