Kamaka HF-3 for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbatc

Reaction score
I have a Kamaka HF-3 tenor Ukulele for sale from the 1970's. My mother bought this for me new on a trip to Hawaii after showing some interest in learning how to play. Unfortunately, I was never very musically inclined and it has been sitting in it's carrying case for the last 40 years. It is in excellent condition and very lightly used. I would love to find a good home for it where it can be enjoyed and used for what it was built for. On a recent trip to Waikiki a very helpful gentleman looked at the pictures of my ukulele and gave me an appraisal. Granted, it was only pictures, but I think he gave me a fair appraisal. More pictures available on request. I am asking $1500 and will pay for shipping. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_1105 2.jpg
    IMG_1105 2.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_1104.jpg
    IMG_1104.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_1106.jpg
    IMG_1106.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_1107.jpg
    IMG_1107.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_1108.jpg
    IMG_1108.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 118
I recently talked with Kamaka about a 10+ year old tenor I was going to buy. They basically convinced me I could get a brand new one, new build tech, for $45 more without the potential of all the problems you’d need to repair/get work done on. It is vintage so there is the rare chance that you just find a 2% er with a lot of cash and nostalgia for the 70’s, but good luck it’ll cut your odds at a sale. That’s a real assessment.

I recently talked with Kamaka about a 10+ year old tenor I was going to buy. They basically convinced me I could get a brand new one, new build tech, for $45 more without the potential of all the problems you’d need to repair/get work done on. It is vintage so there is the rare chance that you just find a 2% er with a lot of cash and nostalgia for the 70’s, but good luck it’ll cut your odds at a sale. That’s a real assessment.

i agree with you if you are going to get a Kamaka tenor to play regularly the new 2021 ones are hard to beat better tuners and construction..new bracing and thinner soundboards

After the feedback, I am lowering the asking price to $1200. I will entertain reasonable offers.

Why would someone reply to a member's sales thread, encouraging others to buy new instead, essentially sabotaging the OP's sale???
That, in my opinion, is egregious. If you want to discuss the merits of new vs old, start a thread on the discussion page, don't ambush another member's sale.
For what it's worth I happen to be of the mind that the 70's era Kamakas are lighter and better sounding than their new builds. I don't now the OP or any of the posters on this thread and have no stake in this sale. I just would hope people would be more respectful of an honest listing and refrain from undercutting the value of the seller's wares.

This is the online equivalent of standing in front of a seller's table at a festival and shouting to prospective buyers: "Hey! The ukes at that other table over there are better than these!"

Last edited:
Why would someone reply to a member's sales thread, encouraging others to buy new instead, essentially sabotaging the OP's sale???
That, in my opinion, is egregious. If you want to discuss the merits of new vs old, start a thread on the discussion page, don't ambush another member's sale.
For what it's worth I happen to be of the mind that the 70's era Kamakas are lighter and better sounding than their new builds. I don't now the OP or any of the posters on this thread and have no stake in this sale. I just would hope people would be more respectful of an honest listing and refrain from undercutting the value of the seller's wares.
Completely agree.. send a private message if you must. The price of any uke is the amount a buyer is willing to pay not what a noisy neighbor cries about!

Last edited:

This is the online equivalent of standing in front of a seller's table at a festival and shouting to prospective buyers: "Hey! The ukes at that other table over there are better than these!"

sorry bout my post i was just agreeing with the post before mine i was not trying to sabotage the thread...did you buy this uke? seems like it is your kind of uke...:)

Last edited:
did you buy this uke? seems like it is your kind of uke...
It IS my kind of uke, but I’m primarily in liquidation mode. I need to sell the bulk of my collection, but I keep putting it off (because buying is so much more fun).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom