Any one play Asalato (Kashaka)

wqking

Reaction score
Recently I was aware of Asalator. I think it's a cool and fun percussion instrument. And seems it's good exercise for hands and fingers dexterity.

I have some questions,
1, Is it difficult to start with? It seems pretty difficult.
2, Does it hurt the hand and fingers? When it hits the hand, does it hurt? And does the strings scratch the fingers?

It looks pretty similar to a yo yo, with an extra yo yo attached to the string. If concerned about possible injuries, start with the smallest and wear gloves. There are a lot of percussion effects you can get out of the ukulele as well. Start off slow, swing one into the other and practice, maybe you can work on patterns later.

It looks pretty similar to a yo yo, with an extra yo yo attached to the string. If concerned about possible injuries, start with the smallest and wear gloves. There are a lot of percussion effects you can get out of the ukulele as well. Start off slow, swing one into the other and practice, maybe you can work on patterns later.

Thanks. I placed an order for a cheap set to experiment with.

I've played Asalato for some days. The feeling is good and it doesn't hurt hand at all.
I'm not sure if I can play it as a kind of percussion instrument, but at least it helps to exercise the arm and hand (especially left hand).

Top Bottom