Uke Logic Wound Low G vs. Freemont Low G

Joyful Uke

Reaction score
I'm planning on a string order for Uke Logic strings, (and just ordered some more Living Water Strings - my other favorite strings), and was wondering if anyone has tried the Uke Logic Wound Low G. How does it compare to the Freemont Low G?

I have not played the uke logic wound low G, but I regularly play a tenor with the Uke Logic supercarbon soft tension pink Sandia Low G set on it. I also have a tenor with the Fremont Black Low G set on it. The uke logic strings feel much more substantial on the fingers in terms of thickness. The Uke Logic strings are also a lot louder and I generally prefer them to the Fremont Black set 100 out of 100 times. I recently put the uke logic pink Sandia high G set on a soprano and it increased the volume I was getting from that instrument substantially. I plan to now put the uke logic low G on that soprano in the coming weeks and am looking forward to it. I have in general always thought that the Fremont Black set was too quiet, or required that I attack them more precisely in order to get what I wanted. With the uke logics I just grab on and rip.

I'm planning on a string order for Uke Logic strings, (and just ordered some more Living Water Strings - my other favorite strings), and was wondering if anyone has tried the Uke Logic Wound Low G. How does it compare to the Freemont Low G?

I have both, and to my eyes and hand they are so similar as to be equivalent.

Edited to add this, with which I agree:
They’re remarkably similar. When I got it, I wondered if it was from the same manufacturer. It’s good stuff.

I unfortunately cannot compare their sound, as mine are on two totally different ukuleles-- the Freemont on an Ohana Concert, and the Uke Logic on a Romero XS Soprano.

Absent having two identical-ish ukuleles [ie, the same model but allowing for the variations of build] strung with each string to compare head-to-head, I'm not confident I could tell them apart.
In real life, by the time I've restrung the same ukulele and allowed the strings to settle, my evaluations come down to this:

-- Do not like
-- Fine
-- Hey, I like this

Uke Logic strings fall into that last category for me in general, so I'll likely go with the Uke Logic Low G over the Freemont from here on out, but only so I don't revisit the decision every time....

Compared to the Freemont, you can't go wrong with the Uke Logic String-- and might like it noticeably better-- so I'd recommend ordering one and seeing for yourself. :)

~ S.

Let me add to the chorus. I use both and can't really tell them apart. Both excellent and the only wound strings I like.

They’re remarkably similar. When I got it, I wondered if it was from the same manufacturer. It’s good stuff.

That makes sense. These string brands don't manufacture but package and market their strings. For wound strings we can expect that they use some main brand product. It may be helpful if someone could identify the OEM string.

I've never tried Uke Logic strings, but I have to say the Fremont wound low G strings are awfully similar to La Bella classical guitar D strings. Even the length of the Fremont strings is more appropriate for guitars than for ukuleles. La Bella single strings are half the price of Fremont. I also really like the Pepe Romero wound low-G strings, but I just noticed that these are advertised as "Powered by La Bella", so maybe these are also the same thing.

The Uke Logics feel, look and sound the same. The La Bella 100G uke-pro low G ukulele string is most likely the same as the Fremont.......and as other have said, less pricey.

Thanks, everyone. I'll give the Uke Logic low G a try, just because it's easy to add in to my order of strings. And I'll also look into the La Bella string that stevejfc mentioned.
SAS. String acquisition syndrome. :)
Maybe not as fun as UAS, but it doesn't cost as much, anyway.

I recall (from one of the way-back HMS youtube videos that introduced Joel's "project") mention of using La Bella in a few of his low G sets. Seem to have seen mention of this in a thread herein, as well.

Regardless, I used a UkeLogic high tension with their LowG on a Romero Creations Replica Tenor. Played it for a few weeks and switched to the medium tension and swapped out the high g (of the set) and used a Soloist for the Low. I liked the feel of the Soloist, minimal difference that MAY have been influenced by the overall lower tension. Pretty subjective. On all my subsequent ukes with Low G I've stayed with Fremont Soloists...I like the feel and familiarity.. so why change ? :). (for me anyhow)

I will add the Pepe Romero low G string seems identical to the Uke Logic low G string. I can tell no difference at all. I like them both a lot.

I will add the Pepe Romero low G string seems identical to the Uke Logic low G string. I can tell no difference at all. I like them both a lot.

Pepe Romero strings are made in conjunction with La Bella.

Top Bottom