Instrumentals, part II

This is quite tricky! A TV theme will be nice and short though, let's see what happens... this is how the Doctor Who theme might sound if The Doctor were to travel through space and time on a bicycle, fighting papier mache Cybermen. (I don't trust the forum to let me put an accent on "mache"...)

By Ron Grainer and originally produced with a wonderful electronic arrangement by Delia Derbyshire, but here I've reverted to a glockenspiel for the melody.

Sorry to interrupt, Dave.
I am here to let everyone know that the "wrap" for my Season has been posted.
Thank you!

Hi Dave! I am visiting friends in Wisconsin named Sherrie and Linda, and you can hear and see Sherrie over my shoulder. This is me in all my natural, unadorned 56 year-old glory. I hope to get this piece into better condition to post publicly, but for now, this is just for the seasonistas. I hope Jay Unger never sees it :- ). If anyone understands my Lauren Bacall reference, please chime in.

Ashokan Farewell
Jay Unger
Arranged by Spencer Gay in C

Here's an old traditional fiddle tune, Blackberry Blossom.

I can't seem to get this as legato as I'd like. It sounds very choppy, but. . .
I think I learned it from a Dan Crary album, but I've heard so many versions that I can't remember - Norman Blake, Doc Watson, Tim O'Brien, Mark O'Connor. . .

Last edited:
SOTU 493 - "Ain't Misbehavin'" - Hanging out with Kevin and our friend Eric the other night and we knocked out this old Fats Waller tune. XingXing really didn't want to be in the video. She just wanted to ride around on the robot vacuum cleaner.

The classical cats sure compose some great tunes.Transcribed by Roger Ruthen

Hello, Dave, and thanks for the week which, I have to admit, takes me way out of my comfort zone ... I am NOT a musician! I have no idea where this came from ... I have been intrigued by "Interrobangs" since I found out about them, which was only very recently. Anyway, I bring you ...

Dear seasonistas,

I've been looking at the playlist and I have only 24 videos of your finest and most magnificent instrumental songs. So far, that's great. Right now, we're at the halfway point of the instrumental theme. What I'm asking from all of you, if you can, is to double the amount of videos that you're producing, please.

Thank you very much,

Dave

as the man said headphones on and don't touch that stereo.
ukulele harmonica and percussion

Dear seasonistas,

I've been looking at the playlist and I have only 24 videos of your finest and most magnificent instrumental songs. So far, that's great. Right now, we're at the halfway point of the instrumental theme. What I'm asking from all of you, if you can, is to double the amount of videos that you're producing, please.

Thank you very much,

Dave

I'll try to record something later today.
Stanley's O Sole Mio is missing from the playlist. So it could soon be a bit longer :)

Hi again Dave!
I am posting this for Jon as he is locked out of his account.
(Wonder why that has been happening to some Seasonistas...)

Anyway, i just read that it is an improvisation with baritone ukuleles...
I've yet to listen to it! :)

Top Bottom