Uma Baby T Small body Tenor - REVIEW

bazmaz

Reaction score
I've been seeing Matt from WoU rave about Uma ukes for a few months now. Seems like these are really nice value for money regardless of which model you'd go for. I believe Uma are another Taiwanese uke company so it's really interesting to see so many prominent Taiwanese brands out there these days. First aNueNue, then Millar, and now Uma (that's just the order I was introduced to them).

Aaargh! You had to show me this.

Sounds great. You earned a beer.

-Wiggy

Last edited:
I've been seeing Matt from WoU rave about Uma ukes for a few months now. Seems like these are really nice value for money regardless of which model you'd go for. I believe Uma are another Taiwanese uke company so it's really interesting to see so many prominent Taiwanese brands out there these days. First aNueNue, then Millar, and now Uma (that's just the order I was introduced to them).

Indeed - really nice to see how things have developed - when I started reviewing the far eastern stuff was largely pretty shonky unless they had a US name to them (like Kala) who were keeping on top of QC. These days though the range is about as good as I could ever have imagined - high end luthier stuff for serious money (and serious quality) down to superb value lines like these. Kai are another one.

I'm in the U.S and can't find this little gem of a ukulele anywhere at this time- it's in my price range for a "just to have" and suitable for that very purpose. Looks great and sounds great.
Another outstanding review!

Thanks for the review. I've been looking at these for awhile, but Uma, like so many other manufacturers, gives you no specs on their ukes. Unfortunately, the string spacing doesn't cut it for me. Due to some arthritis issues, I need at least a 29mm (preferably 30mm) G to A string spacing. With the cheaper ukes, that's something I can only find out from your reviews.

Thanks for the review. I've been looking at these for awhile, but Uma, like so many other manufacturers, gives you no specs on their ukes. Unfortunately, the string spacing doesn't cut it for me. Due to some arthritis issues, I need at least a 29mm (preferably 30mm) G to A string spacing. With the cheaper ukes, that's something I can only find out from your reviews.

Really not many about that wide. I'd class this Uma as on the wider side than normal - but only you as the player knows what works for you.

Top Bottom