Boogie Woogie Uke?

JackLuis

Reaction score
I ran across "Cow Cow Boogie" this morning before dawn and researched it to find out if it could be played on the Uke?

I found it finally in C#, which oddly, has no C# chords? But chords I can play on my Baritone or Concert. It's not a rythem song but is pretty tough to break the habit of four four or six four time.

Has anyone tried to play this? Got a tube I could listen to and learn to Boogie Woogie with my Uke?

You don't have to play it in C# - pick a key most comfortable to you and transpose it, or use a capo, and use the chord shapes most comfortable to you.

I did a simple search on line for "Cow cow boogie chords" and found it in G, G#, A, C, and E, without leaving the first page.

So enjoy yourself, and play it however you want to - There are no Ukulele po... well, sometimes there are ukulele police on this forum, but they are more like constables without the powers of making an arrest...

-Kurt​

Well Kurt I found them too. but I only found the C# that had cords I can easily play. The Docs ruined my left hand last year. It's taken almost that long before I could play anything more complicated than than c-f-g.

My question is How to Play it? I need some help here with seeing how. Anyone got a tube to how to play Booogie Woogie?

That's all very well but, How IS IT Played?

Not the Chords but the strokes and timing of the chords, notes and rests? From what I see the pattern of the notes/chords changes from phrase to phrase. There is a syncopation to the rythem but it's not exactly even.
Listen to it, it is all over the place.
Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy is lots easier to sonicly "visualize" but Cow Cow is not. Even BWBB has rests and pauses that can trip up the timing.

That's all very well but, How IS IT Played?

Not the Chords but the strokes and timing of the chords, notes and rests? From what I see the pattern of the notes/chords changes from phrase to phrase. There is a syncopation to the rythem but it's not exactly even.
Listen to it, it is all over the place.
Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy is lots easier to sonicly "visualize" but Cow Cow is not. Even BWBB has rests and pauses that can trip up the timing.

I'm not sure what you are asking. Do you want to play an instrumental version?

I've been working on this one and I think I've got it. While it sounds like it is all one rythem, the lyrics and pauses are hard to get worked out. Still after the videos and learning the lyrics I've got the chord changes down and I think I've got the phrasing right.

Thanks for the input.

Top Bottom