How many vices have you got ?

Timbuck

Reaction score
I've just realise I'm not short of a vice when I need one I just counted 13 One large engineers vice, 3 Parrot vices, 2 machine vices, 2. Toolmakers vices, 2 hand vices, 1 zyliss vice, and a special vintage one I got from eBay and one for the drill press. :cheers:

Amen, brother. Amen as I take a quadruple shot of Laphroaig and hope some college girls walk down the sidewalk in their casual habiliment. Vices, what vices? I have a few Wilton bench vices and a lot of C-clamps

I just checked back to see if there was any response to my post earlier today. NOT THERE AGAIN! It was such a great post. Well written. Links to free tools, free money, free beer. Oh well, not really worth trying to post it again. Doubt if anyone would be interested. Gotta love software engineers!

Brad, When I first came to Hawaii and starting using koa, about 1981, I had chain saw access to stumps and some windfalls at 19 cents a board foot. Back then I gave away lots of koa. Kind of a different story today! Even rotten koa is kind of pricey! Hope to see you and the gang on Kauai again.-Bob

I have 4 vices, a parrot, small 2" engineers vice, drill press vice and a Zyliss. They all get used, but the Zyliss gets the most use, then the parrot, the drill vice and finally the small engineers vice(for nuts and saddles). It took me a while searching for a decent Zyliss on auction sites, but it was well worth the effort. Mike.

I have three vices. I am unsure what to do when my mother has to leave her house (she's 92). My dad worked on rail cars and got a mother of a vice from the railroad. I do not know how heavy it is but I can guess about the 200 lb range. The thing is massive and if you want to hold something in it and beat on it with a sledgehammer it is not going to mind. I just do not beat much stuff up now days.

About four vises I use regularly in the shop, but I haven't thought to count my vices. Do beer and Scotch count as one, or two?

Top Bottom