F/s: Mele custom all-koa tenor ukulele

eternal tinkerer

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
F/s: Mele custom all-koa tenor ukulele. The instrument is lightly used and in excellent condition. This is an example of the custom series and is made entirely on the island of Maui. I purchased it brand new earlier last year (i.e. March of 2020) and directly from Mele. The finish is all-gloss (body, neck & headstock). Fretboard and bridge are made with rosewood. There are no deep scratches, no dings, and no dents. The front and back are solid single pieces of koa, in contrast to the usual book-matched pieces of wood.

I sell because I insist on keeping my uke collection smaller and limited to the ones I play almost every day. I have many ukes and simply don't have time to play them all. Black case is included (see picture). Paypal is preferred.

Last edited:
Very nice, we don't see one of these very often. I had opportunity to play a few in Kauai uke stores and loved them. The stock strings were great, with low G that were among the best sounding I have played. I think that their strings can still be ordered from Mele. Good luck with the sale and congrats to the buyer.

Thanks for the kind comments! I'll add that the precision of the craftsmanship also is excellent, and the family that started and still manages Mele is great to interact with too.

Yes, extra sets of the original strings can be purchased directly from Mele.

Last edited:
Top Bottom