Names

Lumpy Wafflesquirt

Reaction score
On here and on YouTube I have always gone by the handle 'Lumpy Wafflesquirt' so why has everyone suddenly started using my Sunday name?
I'll answer to Lumpy, Lumpster, Wafflesquirt, Lump or any other fun derivation thereof, so why use a name I have not introduced myself with?

Not going to fall out with anyone over it, but interested to know why it has changed. (I am Robin on Facebook)

I always think it important to call a person by the name they use to introduce themselves, not even to abbreviate it. In real life I definitely do not answer when called Rob.

I see!
Sorry to have called you Robin then, Lumpy!
I have read other Seasonistas call you that before, so it was out of respect that i called you by that name.
I also could not help noticing your red coloured SIGNATURE everytime you post, which states your full name there.
Well, Lumpy will stay Lumpy then.
Should have corrected me the first time.
:-O

bloody hell. your Sunday name?
what kind of precious crazy ass post is this? who gives a f#@$
so disappointed reading this and calling out someone who put their heart and soul into hosting a season
and only tried to be respectful towards everyone

i happily answer to "lynda", "lyn", "BEV", "BEVOMU", "bird's eye view of whatever it is", and "dinner's ready!"

lots of people have a uke name, and a first name, i've always just assumed everyone would be happy to be called by either of those, but i realise now that maybe i'm just projecting how i feel, onto everyone???

i put my first name in my sig, i remember there was a thread a while back where someone asked what people's "real" names were, their first names, (assuming it's different from your username here) and a couple of people mentioned they put their real names in their sigs and i thought that was a good idea so i nicked it. over on youtube i'm just birdseyeviewofmyuke but non seasons peeps see the comments chit chat (assuming youtube hasn't deleted all the comments :mad:) and they pick up i'm lynda from seasons peeps calling me that, and i'm more than happy with that.

I see no harm in using what ever name, title, monicker that someone wants,
Nor avoiding using that which they dislike
My mother hated her name and used her nickname, as did her brother.
The reasons were personal and I never asked why.
So, I’m sorry if anyone offended you, Lumpy

Hi Mountain goat.
I didn't mention any names, as quite a few people have suddenly done it.
As I said, "Not going to fall out with anyone over it"
Where is your respect for me? Language like that it uncalled for, even if it is "bleeped out" I think I was politely asking a question.

Last edited:
Cheers Joo, I know not if that is your real name or not, it isn't a name I've come across before but it's what you call yourself, so it's what I call you.

Well, I know that I call you "Robin", Robin! I always look on the handles that we use on the Forum as just a way of introducing ourselves. To me, to call someone by their "real" name, rather than their pseudonym (for want of a better word), is an indication that we consider that person a friend.

Mmmm...it does seem a bit of an odd question when your real name sits there at the bottom of every post you make, with a link to your blog which confirms it.
But in future you will be plain old Lumpy to me.

My Saturday name is Biggus Dickus but I like to be called Ethel on every other day. Its probably wise to not publicise your real name if you prefer to be addressed by another especially as first name terms are predominantly used on here.

Last edited:
Lumpy Wafflesquirt sounds like a euphemism for diarrhea. You may want to reconsider and stick with Rob or Robin. :D

Mmmm...it does seem a bit of an odd question when your real name sits there at the bottom of every post you make, with a link to your blog which confirms it.
But in future you will be plain old Lumpy to me.

What's odd is that people have only recently used my real name even though it has been in my sig for a long time.

I've often wondered about the reason for an on-line handle or nom de mouse. At first I thought that it was so that people wouldn't have to take responsibility for the posts that they knew others wouldn't approve of, but some folks post their photos and seem to have no trouble having their true identity known. Some folks even change their on-line name for each Zoom meeting.
I still feel a bit strange addressing someone by an obviously fake name, and would feel just as strange having someone call me by a fake name, but since Lumpy has requested to be called by his on-line name, I'm happy to oblige.
My wife and siblings sometimes call me by terms of endearment or not so dear if I do something to piss them off, but I feel most comfortable with Jim and haven't found it necessary to come up with an on-line name.

Last edited:
I've often wondered about the reason for an on-line handle or nom de mouse. At first I thought that it was so that people wouldn't have to take responsibility for the posts that they knew others wouldn't approve of, but some folks post their photos and seem to have no trouble having their true identity known.

Oh I do like "nom de mouse" :). I think people have all kinds of different reasons for having separate online identities, always bearing in mind that it's really hard to be truly anonymous on the internet. For me, I'm quite active online in various other places for professional things, and so when I signed up here I decided I wanted something entirely separate. I'm still not sure I want my colleagues and students finding me plinking away, but I may change my mind on that one day... It didn't take me long to realise I didn't like using a fake name though, so I stuck my real name (first name at least) in my signature. I would be a terrible spy.

Top Bottom