Season 494: Dedicate/Celebrate

SOTU 494- "TRY (Try To Fall In Love)" - written and recorded by Norman "Cooker" DesRosiers in 1974. Cooker had been in a New York garage rock band called "The Groupies" in the 1960's and later had a brief solo career during which he recorded this song. Rick Nelson covered it and I heard it years ago done as a duet by Texas singer-songwriter Shake Russell and folk blues singer John Vandiver. I always thought it was a great song. "Try" is just about that- trying in life to find love, peace and happiness and advises that you "rise when you fall" and "don't stay down too long." I dedicate this to everyone.

Dedication:

Dolly Parton / Whitney Houston's I Will Always Love You

Last edited:
sometime seasonista wallyboy uploaded some great footage of the horse figures at the A20 roundabout in ashford in kent a couple of days ago, and i thought it would be perfect for a vid for this week, so i went looking for song with a horse racing theme, and found this lovely one...

"let me see the colts" by smog

well then, what stunning songs you all have brought his past day.
all the emotions from hilarity to melancholy. and lashings of heart and soul.
thank you everyone.
xo

and this piece of comedy gold from Kerry O' Keefe
in live commentary of a cricket test match a few years back

this, from The Felice Brothers
and one of my favourite songs ever
from one of my favourite rekkids ever

another wrecking ball of a song from The Felice Brothers

I may be in the minority, but I'd prefer to see only videos performed by Seasonistas or aspiring Seasonistas on the Season threads. We should have a separate thread for outside videos and/or videos with no ukulele content. While there used to be the occasional outside video, it's becoming more and more frequent. If we find a video of a song that suits the theme, let's try to do our own version using a ukulele.
If I am in the minority, then I can live with it, but those are my feelings this morning.

Last edited:
I may be in the minority, but I'd prefer to see only videos performed by Seasonistas or aspiring Seasonistas on the Season threads. We should have a separate thread for outside videos and/or videos with no ukulele content. While there used to be the occasional outside video, it's becoming more and more frequent. If we find a video of a song that suits the theme, let's try to do our own version using a ukulele.
If I am in the minority, then I can live with it, but those are my feelings this morning.

Im with you on this Jim but I'm definitely in a minority and not respected so it may not help

Totally agreed. I thought the spirit of the Seasonista threads was that you're performing the songs if you're participating. I mean, it would've been far easier for me to just link Whitney Houston's music video instead of learning the bass parts and the transition from the chorus to the 2nd verse at 3 in the morning. lol

But we ARE all posting our own songs that we have worked on - although not necessarily worked on at three in the morning! In my view, if outside videos are posted, they are added because the poster feels they will add something to the content of the week ... it is not a case of either/or! Surely it is at the discretion of the Host to include videos by original artists if he feels that they are a worthwhile addition ... it is not stopping us from posting videos of our own making. We are all interested in music here ... otherwise we wouldn't be on the Forum, so any videos that enhance our experience of the week should be welcomed. If you are not interested in a particular video, then you can just skip it!

Totally agreed. I thought the spirit of the Seasonista threads was that you're performing the songs if you're participating. I mean, it would've been far easier for me to just link Whitney Houston's music video instead of learning the bass parts and the transition from the chorus to the 2nd verse at 3 in the morning. lol

Bet your neighbours just lurvvve you LOLOLOL :rock::smileybounce:

Bet your neighbours just lurvvve you LOLOLOL :rock::smileybounce:

I plug my headphones on my amp. I can record at any hour of the day and not make a sound. :) It's one of the reasons I went electric.

Guys - can I just remind you that Jon (mountain goat) is the host. He’s in charge this week, so it’s up to him to do things as he pleases. And he has always been a great host, always enthusiastic and encouraging. If he decides to post a few extra videos to encourage and inspire participation in the season then what’s the problem? He’s giving up his own time and energy to do this - please don’t criticise his considerable efforts to do a great job for us all. If you wish to do things differently then sign up to host your own season and do it your way.
Thanks.

Top Bottom