NUD: KoAloha KTM-00MG

Arik

“Where words fail, music speaks.”
UU VIP
Reaction score
Hi all. Just sharing my newest impulse to feed my UAS. I picked up a used KoAloha KTM-00MG mango tenor. Been bit by the Mango bug recently and was looking at the KoAloha Mango, Rebel Double Creme, or the Romero Creations Signature Mango. I really liked the mango sound samples from HMS, ULTP, and of course SUS (the mango fanatics). What influenced me toward the Koaloha was that I visited their factory a couple of weeks ago when I was in HI.

First thought on the uke was it was beautiful with some nice curly mango. What really got me interested in mango was the rounded sound, nice low/mids, and bass. This uke definitely is very warm with a big sound and a nice tone. Also has some low/mids/bass that stands out over my other ukes. The bass is not too much or overpowering but just adds some dynamics. And when I say bass, its not like true bass but some low end. The uke still has some nice clear highs. What surprised me about the uke was how open it sounded. I did get this used so it might have been broken in but the former owner said the uke didn't get much playing time since he had so many other ukes. Another surprise was how lightweight the uke was. It is by far my lightest weight uke. I had a KTM-25 last year and I don't remember it being this light. I do remember the KTM-25 having a heavier headstock, but I think it was due to it being made of ebony.

Mango is a very cool material to make ukes with. I'm super impressed.

undefined - Imgur (1).jpg
undefined - Imgur (2).jpg
undefined - Imgur (3).jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations deznuchs! That curly mango is stunning to say the least. I can only imagine how good it sounds now and how that sound will improve over the years. I love the KoAloha's as you can tell by my avatar. Many happy years ahead with it.

Congratulations deznuchs! That curly mango is stunning to say the least. I can only imagine how good it sounds now and how that sound will improve over the years. I love the KoAloha's as you can tell by my avatar. Many happy years ahead with it.

Thanks Joe T!

Nice! Enjoy!

That's a really terrific looking mango. I'm sure it sounds every bit as great as you described.

Congratulations!

Beautiful ukulele and congrats!

Curious - was it made earlier last year or longer ago? Just asking since the "chocolate" mango batch last year was an especially nice looking one.

Last edited:
Beautiful ukulele and congrats!

Curious - was it made earlier last year or longer ago? Just asking since the "chocolate" mango batch last year was an especially pleasant looking one.

The date on it was June 2020 so it was from last year's batch. They had some real lookers for that run.

I would love one of those. The KoAloha sound + mango is a match made in heaven.

Nice, that's some really beautiful Mango and I'm not always a big fan of its looks...

I have a KTM-00 (but Koa) in transit that should be here tomorrow - also used - and I'm hyped! Yet to actually play a mango uke but I feel like I need to at some point as everyone seems to love it

I would love one of those. The KoAloha sound + mango is a match made in heaven.

Yes, it is. Loving it. Didn't know it would be such a great combination till playing it for a couple of days now.

Nice, that's some really beautiful Mango and I'm not always a big fan of its looks...

I have a KTM-00 (but Koa) in transit that should be here tomorrow - also used - and I'm hyped! Yet to actually play a mango uke but I feel like I need to at some point as everyone seems to love it

You are going to love the KTM-00. The body is on the smaller side of tenors but they have a big sound. The waiting game is the worst!? Especially if there is a delay. Mine was delayed a few days. And I was constantly updating the shipping info:drool:

Nice one! Mango wood is beautiful.

Thanks Jerry

Top Bottom